two : are you that comfy?

monday came by very quickly. it's already 6.48 when i woke up. i have enough time to get ready for my first day of being a babysitter for mr dolan's son. i feel excited for some reason. maybe because i get to see benson more often now.

that kid has been on my mind the whole time. the way his dimples will show when he smiles just like his dad. the way he called me pretty is still stuck in my head. the way he slept in my arms. i felt like a mother for once.

i got myself ready. i wore black skinny jeans and a white button down shirt. i tied my hair up in a messy bun, letting a few strands fall to the side of my head. i applied some mascara and lipstick before getting my phone and my purse. i put on my black converse shoes before heading out of my room.

i sighed when i see the mess in the living room. cans of beer were everywhere. clothes thrown everywhere too. on the couch laid vincent and his toy of the night. i rolled my eyes before quickly walking to the kitchen. i took the sticky note that was on the table and wrote 'do something about this mess before i come home. i'll bring home some food for you when i finish my work.'

i stick the note to the fridge before quickly making my way out of the apartment.

before heading to mr dolan's, i went to starbucks to get some hot drinks. coffee is always my number one drink i will have in the morning.

after getting my coffee, i flagged for a cab again like the day when i went for the interview. i sipped my hot coffee as the cab moved. i watched the scenery. it has been a while since something like this happened. i don't take cabs usually but i walk.

mr dolan's house is too far from my apartment. but i'm glad i still get to see my parents' house. i am feeling a little nervous because of this job. one, maybe because i felt curious about mr dolan and two, i don't know whether benson will like me.

after ten minutes, i finally reached mr dolan's house. i paid for the cab and thanked the driver. the gate was already opened, so i assume that i could just enter. i jogged slightly when i realised it's already 7.56 am. i need to be in his house by 8.00 am sharp. i guess i can make it in time.

i entered the house to see mr dolan folding his white button down sleeves to his elbow. ms collins was serving breakfast. i didn't see benson anywhere so i guess he might be sleeping, seeing that it's still early in the morning.

i cleared my throat, standing awkwardly in front of the dining table.

"g-good morning, mr dolan. good morning, ms collins." i greeted, stuttering at the beginning.

the two looked up at me. both gave me a smile.

"would you like to join us for breakfast? we have enough space." ms collins offered.

of course, you have space! the dining table has 10 chairs surrounding them and it's only the two of you. i didn't want to say that so i just be polite.

"no, no. it's fine. i had a cup of coffee just now. i'll get my own food later on when i'm hungry. thank you, ms collins." i thanked her.

i appreciate her kind gesture though. like i said before, she seemed nice. did i say that before? i guess not. i have no idea what i should do. should i ask? hmm. maybe i should.

"um. sorry for disturbing. but do i have anything to do?" i questioned, flickering my eyes from mr dolan to ms collins.

"oh yes. there are some papers you need to sign before starting your job. i'll get the paper later. can you give me 5 minutes?" mr dolan asked.

i nodded my head with a small grin. i didn't move. i just stood there like the idiot i am, looking at the two eating. mr dolan looked up from his place and stared at me. he chuckled before taking the napkin that was next to him to wipe his mouth.