twenty : trust me, i know you very well, grayson

i'm changing the way they they text in the story now. you can see how it's like now as the story goes by. 

finally a freaking update!

i would like to dedicate this chapter to @joeyxxbirlemm because she had told me that she saw a post on ig that kind of like "copied" my story in a way. thank you for telling me about it! lots of love <3

reffda and myself are preparing the things for benson's party. his birthday is tomorrow and we are just decorating the place. benson is at his cousin's to stay for the day. we will fetch him at night. for his birthday, we are celebrating at a function hall in a hotel. benson's turning four and i'm happy that i can watch him grow. it felt as if it was just yesterday when kimberly brought him to me.

thinking of kimberly, i thought of how it would be if she was still alive. benson would surely be happy to see his mother with him for all of his birthdays. but she wasn't. she was taken away from him even before his vision was clear. he didn't get the love he was supposed to get. but now, he has reffda. and i know for sure that reffda will be a good mom for him.

my family members, except for dad who had a meeting with his friends, and also melissa and thomas will be coming soon to help with the decorations. reffda has been putting in a lot of effort because she said she wants the party to go well for benson. she wants him to be happy.

i looked at her at the other end of the function hall. reffda was blowing some balloons with an air pump. i stalked over to her and offered her my help. she politely declined my offer before going back to doing her work. she was so focused. it took her a couple more minutes to have the balloons blown up.

apparently, those balloons are for the games that was organised by my sister. half of the balloons will be pasted on the wall to make it stand out in a way. that's what reffda said. i watched as she took a chair and quickly climbed on it. she pasted four balloons at ease. i could see that she's breathing heavily.

"reffda, let me do it. you're out of breath." i offered, pushing myself of the wall i was leaning on.

"it's okay. i'm fine doing this on my own." she replied, rolling her eyes.

i sighed and just stood close to her. as she was reaching out to trying to paste another balloon, she started losing her balance and i quickly held out my arms and she fell into my arms. i looked at her, her eyes were squeezed shut.

"you're okay now, babe." i said softly.

i'm not angry at her for rolling her eyes at me. she's been having these kind of attitudes and i know it's because of her pregnancy hormones. i knew that i have to always be here for her. if i wasn't standing next to her or near her, she would've fallen on the floor and worst case scenario, it would affect her pregnancy and i don't want anything to happen to sunshine.

i placed her down on the floor and sat next to her. she opened her eyes. her eyes were glassy as she looked at me. a soft sob left her throat and she covered her face with her hands. she started crying and i'm very confused to why she is crying.

"hey, why are you crying? it's okay. you're okay. sunshine's okay. don't cry, reffda." i said, pulling her into my arms.

her head was nuzzled against my chest and i put my hand on her back. i rubbed her back soothingly to calm her down. after a few minutes of crying, she finally looked up and our eyes locked.

"i'm sorry." she stated.

"why are you saying sorry? you didn't do anything wrong, babe." i replied, cupping her cheeks, wiping away the tears on her cheeks.