forty-six : congratulations!

we are all packed and ready to leave the house. vincent's standing right in front of grayson eye to eye. i was scared that they might end up fighting. what i didn't expect was for them to be shaking hands and hugging each other! how the hell did this happen?

"thanks, vincent. you're doing a lot for me."

"it's no problem. reffda is my friend and i'm glad to help with whatever i can. i swear i will protect her with all that i have. trust me with them, okay?"

"yeah, man."

vincent stood by the side and let the three of us say goodbye to grayson.

"benson, go and say goodbye to daddy."

he nodded his head, moving towards grayson. grayson picked him up from the ground and hugged him tightly. i saw a tear rolling down his cheeks. i smiled sadly at the two.

"i'll miss you, daddy."

"i'll miss you too, bud." grayson said softly, kissing his son's cheeks and forehead.

he placed benson down and walked over to me and indigo. he quickly planted a soft kiss to my lips. not wanting to be too attached, i pulled away and looked at him with blurry visions.

"take care of yourself. don't get hurt."

"i won't. i promise." he said softly, smiling softly. "hey, little girl. promise daddy not to give mommy a hard time, okay? you're a good girl, aren't you?"

indigo let out a small sound as if she was agreeing to whatever grayson was saying.

"good girl. i'm glad you know that you're good. daddy loves you, okay? i'll call every chance that i have and i promise, once everything is over, all of you will come back to me." again, another sound from indigo, this time she was smiling. "and i love you, reffda. always."

"i love you too, grayson."

i gave him a peck on each of his cheeks and he gave me another lingering kiss on my forehead. the moment we let go of each other, i could see the frown on his face. neither of us wants any of this to happen. but it has to. for the sake of our safety.

the whole ride to vincent's apartment was silent. vincent wasn't saying anything and so was i. benson was watching mickey mouse on his ipad and indigo had dozed off to sleep.

as we agreed to alight somewhere further down from his apartment, two of grayson's bodyguards were already there. i had indigo in her baby carrier and benson was holding onto my hand. the guards helped to carry the bags while vincent went to park his car. we started walking towards his apartment.

when we reached his apartment, the smell of baby hits me straight in the nose. it feels like i was back home with grayson. but i wasn't. i glanced around and saw rylah and also alice, his mother, on the floor of the living room, playing with some toys.

the moment alice saw me, a smile appeared on her face. her smile showed some kind of empathy towards me. i didn't want any of that. vincent probably told her what happened because of why i wanted to stay here.

vincent had placed our bags straight in the room once the guards had placed the bags on the floor, outside of the apartment. they continued to do their job which was assigned by grayson to just stand there.

i walked over to alice and side hugged her. benson had already let go of my hand to sit with rylah and played with her toys while she just stared at him with wide eyes. i had no idea what to do so i just stood there, looking down at my daughter.

"hey, reffda, c'mon, i'll show you your room." he said, smiling softly.

i nodded my head. i smiled at alice for a second before following behind vincent. when he opened the door to the guest room, i didn't expect the room to be very organised. the room was unexpectedly big and spacious.