thirty-five : one more surprise

double update cos previous chap was shit. enjoy!

once we dropped off the kids, i got into the front seat. i buckled my seatbelt and looked at my husband who had his hand on the wheel. he glanced at me and gave me a smile. he pushed down the brake and turned the gear into drive mode before grabbing my hand in his.

"what are we going to do today?" i questioned as i played with his fingers while he started driving.

"it's a surprise, babe. i'm not going to tell you anything." he responded, making me pout. "don't give me that face, pretty lady. i'm very sure that you will love it."

the car stopped at the side of the road and i looked at him confused. i have no idea why he stopped.

"why did you stop? are we here already?" i asked confusedly, looking around to see that we were still in the neighbourhood.

"nope.. give me a second." he smiled, reaching out for something from the side of the door.

he took it out and i saw a black silk blindfold. my eyes widened. he's going to cover my eyes?

"no, no, no. you're not going to cover my eyes." i objected, putting my hands in front of me to shield away from him.

"why not?"

"because what if i fall? what if i tripped over something? what if you leave me alone somewhere i don't even know? what if you-" i was cut off by his lips on mine.

i looked at him with wide eyes.

"do you trust me?" i nodded my head. "then, let me put blindfold you. i promise. i won't leave you alone. i mean, have you seen yourself? how precious you are?"

i blushed. i agreed to him blindfolding me. he was quick to put the blindfold on me. i sat quietly in my seat until i felt his hand interlaced with mine again. then, my hand was being brought up and i felt his soft lips on the back of my hand.

he started driving again. it feels like it was a long drive but he switched on the radio and we ended up carpool karaoke-ing to the songs. even though he doesn't really like singing and complains that he doesn't sing good enough, i appreciate his efforts to make me happy.

all the things about chantel was just forgotten. i don't care what she will try to do because as far as i know, grayson loves and picks me and our small family. he wouldn't pick chantel. chantel will be the snake that comes in between us but i believe that if she ever does that, grayson and i will always find a way to each other again.

that's just how it is.

i guess.

"woah, you're gripping my hand tight. are you okay, reffda?" the voice of my husband disturbed me from my thoughts.

then, i realised that i was actually gripping his hand tightly. i quickly loosened my grip and apologised to him.

"it's okay. are you okay though?" he asked, rubbing circles with the pad of his thumb.

"yeah, i'm fine." i answered softly.

the journey continued for another five more minutes before we arrived somewhere.

i heard grayson switching of the ignition and pulling his keys off. the sound of the door opening and closing. i waited patiently. my door soon opened and i felt the wind hitting my face. it was pretty chilly and the weather wasn't that bad so it was fine.

grayson brought me out of the car. he pulled me towards him, closing the door of the car. i heard the click which means that he had locked the car. we started walking - grayson guiding me where to go. suddenly, i was lifted off my feet. i gasped.