twenty-one : where is my baby?

i love yall. xx

i opened my eyes, feeling warm and the sun shining in my eyes. i turned my head little and saw that grayson was still sleeping. i turned my body to face him, careful of the wire that was still attached to my hand. i examined his face. i placed my hand on his cheek and i could feel his facial hair poking. i grazed my hand on his stubble.

i'm not going to lie but he looks good with stubble.

when i looked at him, my mind goes back to when he told me when he thought about our future and when he said he wanted to marry me someday. a small smile formed on my lips. i couldn't believe a guy as good as him will want a girl like me. i know i shouldn't be thinking about this now but i couldn't help it.

i really want to marry him too. but maybe after sunshine is born. i don't want to let grayson do all the job for the wedding and things. i'm pretty sure that grayson will just tell me to sit down and let him do all the things that are needed to be done.

then, i started to think about sunshine. sunshine is cameron's child. when sunshine is born, i know for sure that i will give sunshine grayson's last name. but what if sunshine turns out to look like cameron? one thing i'm afraid of is when cameron's released from jail. it wouldn't be now but i know that he will be in there for a long time unless someone bailed him out.

but bailing him out will cause that person a huge amount of money. he doesn't tell me much about his family and i know that his family isn't that rich. they're an average family. they have a house and a car. it's pretty sad for his mom and sister. he's an attractive man who doesn't have a heart.

my train of thoughts came to a halt when i felt a hand pressed on my own. i glanced at grayson to see him staring down at me with sleepy, tired eyes.

"i'm sorry. did i wake you up?" i asked, rubbing my thumb against his cheek.

"no, you didn't. i woke up and saw that you were just staring. what were you thinking about, babe?" he questioned, taking my hand from his cheek, entwining our fingers.

"nothing much. it's no big deal." i answered, smiling tightly.

"reffda.." he pushed, trying to get me to answer him.

he looked at me with sadness in his eyes because he told me before that he doesn't want me to hide anything from him and when i'm thinking of something that will make me feel stressed, i must share it with him. he knows when i'm lying and when i'm not. he knows when i'm hiding something from him.

i swallowed thickly and looked into his eyes and said, "i was thinking of cameron."

once i said that, i could feel his fingers loosening around my own. his eyes were starting to turn glossy.

"no, no. please don't cry, grayson." i said softly, brushing my thumb on the back of his hand.

"why-why were you t-thinking of him? do you still- like him?" he asked, searching for reasons why i thought about cameron.

"no, grayson. i hate him after what he did to me but i will never hate sunshine. she's part of me and i will be sunshine's mom forever. you will be sunshine's dad. i was just thinking about what if sunshine grows up and look like cameron? what will happen then? i will let her know about it when she's older and mature enough to hear me out." i responded, feeling a little worried about how the future will turn out.

"okay. i trust you. sunshine will need to find out the truth. do what you think is right for sunshine, okay? stop thinking too much about it. you're not supposed to be stressed or even thinking about it. there's still a lot of time before you tell sunshine."