Chapter 5

*** Elvis' Point of View ***

I knock on the little yellow house's door. I'm sweating more than a sinner at church. It seemed like a decade until Judy opened the door. Russell was holding onto the bottom of her circle dress. I smiled shyly as Judy welcomed me in. I walked in and stood waiting by the door, waiting for my gal. The little toddler was a few feet away from me; he kept staring at me. I noticed and smiled at him.

"Whatcha waitin' for son?" I try saying sweetly. I walk to him and kneel down to make eye contact.

"I wanna see Marie look pretty too." Russell sweetly chimed in, "but she don't gotta cuz she's already pretty to me, like momma."

Judy overhead and kisses his head. I watch with a sly grin as he giggled.

"He's gon' be a sweet lady killer when he's older. Be careful, Judy." I smirk making Judy laugh as she gives Russell a second kiss.

"He already is! aren't ya honey? with me and Marie? I got some competition!" Judy tickles Russell and he laughs with all his energy. It makes me chuckle and join in on the tickling torture. Next thing I know the cute kid is laughing hysterically as I grab him in my arms and tickle him.

In that moment she walks in. Everyone, including me stop and lock eyes on her. She made her presence clear, even though she didn't say a word. Her eyes boldly locked on mine. My mind completely stopped. It's as if she shut it down and forced it to restart.

I chuckled nervously as I started to gaze at her body- I mean outfit. As if she noticed me, she smiled at Russell making him run to her arms. She kisses his cheek and walks to me.

***Marie's POV

"Sorry for the five minute delay." I say smiling.

I let let my eyes wander as Elvis laughed with Russell. A white sport coat, black shirt, black pants and black boots. Damn, he's got better style than I've ever had. I smile kindly as his eyes come back to me.

Judy comes to my side and grabs Russell from Elvis.

"I'll take him, Elvis. Now you kids have fun!" She pats E's back and holds me back.

"Don't let him change you or how far you'll go with a man on a first date, ok? Be careful and stay on your toes."

After that warning, Judy gives me a light push to reunite with E. Judy stands in front of the door holding Russell as they both watch E hold and close the car door for me. Both wave as E and I drive away to start our date.

*** Elvis POV ***
Every so often, I turn to look at Marie. She stares at the road, calmly. I keep staring wondering what she's thinking about. I couldn't help but stare at her outfit again, I love it. Especially her hair, a look that Judy probably helped her with. It looked exactly like Rita Hayworth's only a lot more stunning on Marie. Damn, she cleans up great. She catches me staring and smiles shyly.

"Judy must have given ya a stern warning 'bout me." I exclaimed laughing small and turning my eyes to the road avoiding her eyes. She seemed surprised of what I said. Finally I look at her and realize she was caught off guard. I smile.

"Don't worry. I get that a lot. Don't worry 'bout me, I wouldn't dare to touch ya or make you do anything you don't wanna do."

I politely said. She smiled small and I notice a change in her mood. So I decide to break the ice, again.

"So please, Marie. Tell me more about yourself..."

She looks at me grinning small.

"Well, I'm 20. I'm from the year 2013 and my birthday's November 16, 1993. And I guess that's pretty much it?"