Chapter 13

*** Marie's POV ***

Wednesday, November 23, 1957

Sadly, we realized thanksgiving was near and we'd have to leave two days earlier than expected. Aside from that, the days we spent in Vegas were unbelievably amazing. E and I mostly spent it together but a few times, he hung out with his mafia while I hung out with Ashley. We soon became good friends. E and I didn't go out to fancy places for the rest of the week, in fear of getting blistered drunk again. Instead we'd reserve a buffet after hours and that in my opinion was even better. I realized how much the man could eat. But since he gyrates all around the stage practically everyday, I can see why he's completely fine. I didn't mind sharing E whenever we were at the buffet, since him and I would always drift away from the guys and be in our own little world. He sweet talked me as I fed him forkfuls of my food. He really was a human trash can.

Besides eating, E took me sight seeing like any other group of tourists. It was delightful. It was beautiful to see Vegas without graffiti, run down casinos and construction sites. He held me close as we walked down the strip. It was a moment to remember as always. He would tighten his grip whenever he would see a guy pass by and look at us. I felt loved.

Since that first day, we hadn't touch alcohol much. E and I felt the results of the drinking spree for half the time we were there. But either way, it was worth it in my eyes, we had fun after all.

Now, I stare out at my window in the train. E has his arm around my shoulder. His other hand is holding a Pepsi. We were an hour from Memphis and it was almost 3 p.m. over there. I lean my head on his shoulder and he glances at me.

"Troubled, satnin?" he asks with a soothing tone.

"Not one bit." I say smiling.

E takes a sip of his Pepsi, "So... you think you could celebrate thanksgiving at Graceland?" he sweetly asks.

I look up with a small smile.

"May I? I'd be honored."

He chuckles kissing my cheek.

"Ofcourse you're welcomed. Hell, you're moving in as soon as we finish eatin'" he exclaims in glee. "Can I see if Rob, Judy and Russ can join us?"

I nod with a smile growing. E kisses the top of my forehead as he stands up to call the Tylersons'.

In moments he strolls back still holding the Pepsi. He wraps his arm around me again and takes another sip. I glare at him, waiting for him to say what happened on the phone. He glances a look at me, "what?"

I roll my eyes smiling, "what'd they say?"

"Oh, yeah." He muttered

"Yeah what!" I shout laughing.

"They'd join us bringing a cooked turkey and some home made biscuits Jesus!"

I smile proudly.

"Thank you... And It's bad to mutter, E." I exclaim laughing at his new smirk.

~~~~

I was dropped off at the Tylersons' house. I didn't know how much I missed this house. I walk in with just my purse since E insisted on leaving my stuff from Vegas with him since it'd end up over at his house anyway. I ring the doorbell, having Judy quickly open the door. She greets me with open arms. Russell runs by my side and hugs my legs as always. I truly missed them.

I walk in and see Robert mixing ingredients in a bowl.

"Am I in the twilight zone?" I call out making Robert sigh.

He chuckles as he hugged me tight.

"I know how to make some mean biscuits, gal. Don't cross me, this dinner could be biscuit-less!" He exclaims jokingly.