Chapter 24

*** Marie's POV ***

Wednesday April 3, 1960

It's early morning at Graceland. I wake up to the sun shinning on my bed. I open the curtains to view the front yard of Graceland. I see Elvis waving to his fans as he walks to the gate. Without opening the gate he signs a few pictures and chats with fans.

I lean on the window frame watching with a smile on my face. After a few minutes I do my usual morning routine. After changing into a creamy orange dropped waist dress that's inches above the knee, I look back out the window. Elvis is gone, but then I suddenly hear loud buzz saws and crazy noises coming from the back of Graceland. Caught off guard, I slowly made my way to the back yard of Graceland. There, I see Elvis concentrating his gaze on construction workers. From afar, I stop and watch him interact with the workers. With a serious face, he points to the floor and shows them a piece of paper. As the workers get back to digging and making more ruckus, Elvis glances all around and catches my gaze.

His lips curl into a small smile and jogs to me. He covers my eyes chuckling, he gently pushes me back inside the house. I sigh as he takes his hand off my eyes. He laughs out as I smile.

"It ain't for pretty eyes to see yet, satnin." He whispers putting his index finger to his sultry lips.

I roll my eyes and walk to the kitchen. I feel his eyes watching me before he hugs me from behind. He kisses the top of my head.

"This short dress looks lovely on you." he whispers in a flirty tone.

I giggle and remove his hands from my waist. He growls and wraps them around my waist again but tighter. I laugh out and he lifts up my dress. He even has the nerve to almost pull down my panties until we hear Vernon's footsteps. He lets go of me and I fix my dress as Vernon passes by us. We smile and wave as he walks out to the backyard. Elvis howls out with such energy, it makes me laugh out too. Elvis grabs my hand and leads me to the kitchen. We already knew each other enough to know that we were both hungry. Hopefully Mary will whip us up some bacon and eggs.

As we strut in the kitchen laughingly, we realize Mary isn't here. Out of no where, Elvis grabs me by the waist and sits me down on a counter near the fridge. I squeal being surprised of his new found strength. I giggle as I watch him open the fridge. I try kicking him playfully to distract him but obviously, food is a lot more important than a bare lady's leg.

With luck, he finds a bacon strip, he puts it in his mouth and continues digging in the fridge with more determination. Completely infatuated and concentrated with the fridge, I yank the bacon strip out of his mouth. I put the strip in my mouth and chew as he turns to me with sad eyes. I smile evilly satisfied of my action. He forces his lips on mine slipping his tongue inside my mouth, I smirk fighting his tongue with mine. He steps back to the fridge and wipes his mouth with a smug look.

"Might as well get a taste of bacon with your kiss since you scarfed the real thing down." Elvis snaps smirking.

He glares in the fridge making the light inside the fridge shine in his hypnotizing blue eyes. He's cute when he's determined. As I giggle I hear Mary, clearing her throat. She's still new with the other housekeepers so she has yet to know our daily routines; which was pretty random and unexpecting. Elvis glances at her smiling from ear to ear. Mary laughs as she pats his shoulder. She's learning fast luckily. I jump down from the counter and walk to Elvis' side.

As Elvis supervises Mary's cooking I nudge him.

"You know I could have made something." I whisper to him playing with his hand.

He turns to me, making me stare in to those pretty blue eyes.

"I don't want you to worry 'bout nothing baby. I told you I'd take care of you.... You're the princess in this house." Elvis exclaims in a cheery tone.