Chapter 34

Midnight Saturday May 13, 1964

• Elvis POV •

Marie and I decide to head to Hawaii, Florida then lastly, to Mexico for our honeymoon. After she confessed she'd only been to California and Memphis I made it my goal to show her the world.

Now it's exactly a week before our wedding, I stare up at the ceiling as I hold Marie close in my arms,

she's sleeping soundly. This can't be true. This all sounds like a joke. Me, getting married to a woman from the future. My first intentions were to just make her tell me my fate and maybe getting a one night stand but now, look at me. As soon as I met eyes with her, I got hit by cupid's bow. She practically took my breath away.

She looks at me like no one I've ever seen has before. She loves me. She lights up a room whenever she walks in. She can make me happy in my most darkest days. She's the only one that can calm me down whenever I'm angry, even poor momma couldn't do that. She still makes my knees weak and she still has the power to make me stutter like a maniac. It feels like I fall in love with her everyday. Whenever I set eyes on her brown eyes, my heart stops. I don't think I'd survive if she wasn't by my side. Everyday, after that terrifying day in the summer, I can't help but take her everywhere I go; she's the only one that can silence my demons.

I gaze down at her peaceful face, I caress her cheek. She smiles in her sleep, making two of her dimples show. We both had our parties as singles a week before. I celebrated by renting out a bar for the guys, some family and I. I sent Marie and Judy to Palm Springs for a few days. I figured they deserved it since I've put them through hell ever since I met them. Not only did they enjoy it, but after I picked them up from their private jet they couldn't stop thanking me. It feels great to be able to provide anything to Marie. Just seeing her heart stopping, jaw dropping smile makes my day.

I watch Marie sleep as I stroke her hair. I can't wait until we have kids. I'd be happy with a boy or a girl, as long as they're healthy and come out just like their mother, a know it all, intelligent kid. Maybe her hair, with my eyes and her smile, I'd be happy and damn well proud.

I yawn making Marie rub my stomach. It slowly makes my eyes shut and I fall in to a deep sleep.

••••••

Friday evening, May 19, 1964

• Marie's POV •

Elvis and I are cuddling close to each other watching a rerun of I Love Lucy. Suddenly, the double doors open making Elvis and I stunned. Judy barges in with Joe. Judy pulls me away from Elvis while Joe grabs two of my suitcases. With a distressed face, Elvis tries stopping Joe from filling my suitcases up with my makeup, perfume, clothes, jewelry and shoes. Thankfully I prepped what I'd be using for my wedding at Judy's house a few days before.

"The bride and groom can't see each other the night before E." Joe sternly says closing my suitcases shut.

Judy pulls me downstairs by my arm. I feel like a little kid. Joe follows quickly behind us. Elvis runs down the stairs stopping Judy and I. He cups my face with both his hands and kisses me, with all the love he has.

"I love you." He mutters kissing me again

"I love you more." I softly say.

Joe pulls him off of me and he runs a hand through his hair as he watches me get dragged out the front door.

"You could have just waited for me to pack my things." I quietly mutter.

Judy and Joe scoff.

"We wouldn't hear from you guys for probably another three hours!" Joe laughs out glaring back at me.