Chapter 29

September 23, 1963

It's 9 in the night and Elvis walks out of his bathroom. I twirl my hair into a tight bun. With a bright smile, he watches me. I finish sticking the last bobby pin in and turn to Elvis' wide eyes.

"Are you up for some movies, babygirl?" He questions lifting a brow.

I smile suspiciously.

"Here?" I ask wrapping my arms around his neck, his hands grab a hold of my waist.

He smirks and pecks my cheek.

"How about, the Memphian?" a sly grin grows.

I pat his chest, he chuckles.

"Fine with me." I softly say whispering in his ear.

His eyebrows raise, he slips his hands within mine and kisses me over and over again. He lets go slowly and runs back in his bathroom. I take off my robe laughingly and change in to a black long sleeve with a scooped neck and blue mini skirt. I slap on some makeup and slip on my black kitten heels. Elvis walks out of the bathroom fully dressed, his eyes gaze at me, up and down. He smirks and whistles at me, I blush. He grabs a hold of my left hand and kisses it. He closely looks at my engagement ring, proud. He glances at me, I smile small.

"I finally tied you down." He softly says smirking up at me.

I rolls my eyes, smiling.

"It's true, I'm settling for you." I say giggling.

He growls and kisses my forehead. I playfully smack his chest as his hand rises up my thigh. He locks my hand in his as we walk out his room, the Memphis Mafia watch us like we're King and Queen. Still holding our hands, Elvis lifts up both our hands and shows them my ring, for the hundredth time. They shake their heads laughing. As we make it to the last step, Joe flicks my arm, I playfully smack his arm back. Elvis' head turns glaring at Joe. I laugh out as they both make faces at each other. Everyone was happy again, without any troubles.

Elvis drives me and only me to the Memphian in his pink caddy. Of course, he rented out the theatre to just us. We all sit right in the middle, with huge stacks of popcorn on each and everyone's laps. While commercials play, Elvis and the guys crack jokes making howls after howls. Red wouldn't shut up after a lame joke so I threw a few kernels at him. He retaliates by throwing a handful back at me. Covered in grease and popcorn, I turn to show Elvis. He cries out in laughter and dumps his whole tub of popcorn on Red. Red fights back throwing his tub at Elvis, and then all hell breaks loose. We all end up in a popcorn war. We all couldn't control our laughter, when suddenly the lights went dim and the movie began.

We all groan as we realize our seats covered in popcorn and for the fact we didn't have popcorn to eat with the movie. Feeling guilty, during most of the first movie we all end up cleaning up after our popcorn fight. Finally, as the movie came to an end, all the guys ran to get more popcorn. Being the only girl here, I sit back enjoying the moment of silence before all the guys come back. I roll my eyes, I hear all the guys laughing out from a mile away. They enter the room with more tubs of popcorn. Elvis hands me a tub and kisses the top of my head. He takes a few kernels and throws them at the back of Red's head.

"Don't start anything again!" Elvis shouts laughingly.

Red scoffs and eats a handful of popcorn. As the second movie starts, Elvis' eyes are completely glued to the screen. All I catch as it starts is the title, Hootenanny Hoot. I yawn and put my head on Elvis' shoulder. He kisses my forehead and wraps an arm around me. I fall asleep in his arms soundly.

••••••

I wake up in Elvis' bedroom, I yawn rubbing my eyes. I smile as I sit up from Elvis' chest. I stretch my arms up before standing up. I realize I was in one of my nightgowns, one of the really skimpy ones too. I turn to glare at snoring Elvis, the little perve. I walk in to the bathroom and do my usual routine.