Chapter 11

Dedicated to the very patient, @ashleyysantiago :)

*** Marie's Point of View ***

With heavy shopping bags crowding E and I in his caddy, he parked in front of the Tylersons' home. The sun was shinning bright as I let out a sigh as I look back at all the stuff E bought me. E turns the caddy off and lets go of my hand.

"Well! Come on, honey!' He cheerfully exclaims.

Still feeling guilty, I slowly made my way out the caddy. I watch E grab a hold of all the shopping bags smiling his goofy smile.

"I still feel terrible for getting all of this.. All I asked for was a couple dresses and maybe some jeans." I said feeling like a spoiled little brat.

E sneers and smirks.

"I told ya it's your birthday- and this is what you deserve- every single day of your life. And 'sides, it was out of your control! My plan was to keep your cute little backside in the dressing rooms trying everything on so the stores could find your size for everythin in their inventory." He said in glee.

"You smart little boy. And to think I didn't catch on after the first few boutiques." I said smiling, rolling my eyes. I help him with some of the bags and kiss his cheek. He grins from ear to ear. He looks down at my chest and smirks.

"And ya didn't even get to use your money, damn." He exclaims jokingly.

I laugh shaking my head, "You big dope."

E turns to glance at me and stops walking. I stop and stare at him with a small smile.

"How about dropping this stuff off and we go to my house?" He asked making his eyebrows wiggle.

I playfully smack his chest and giggle.

"My you've got a way with words Pelvis," I start making my way toward the house again and open the door. Oddly it was unlocked, "let me just grab some flowers from your bouquet to give to your precious Ma."

From the corner of my eyes I could see E beaming. The house seemed abandoned, still I drop my shopping bags. Relieved from the weight, I start making my way to the dropped roses. Suddenly, I hear, " SURPRISE!" I stop dead in my tracks. Elvis is just as surprised.

It was Judy, Rob, and Russell happily giving me a surprise party. They all turn to Elvis, baffled. E just smiles small and waves at them. Russell smiles wide and cheers.

"Elvis!" He wiggles out of Roberts hands and runs to E. E grabs him and tosses him in the air.

"You guys--you shouldn't have." I run toward Judy and give her a tight hug. Judy gave me a stern look.

"I'm sorry about earlier. Truly, I am.." She smiles small and hugs me back.

We release from the hug and I make my way by Elvis' side, he was still playing with Russell in his arms.

"He uh surprised me earlier as well." I said pointing to him.

Robert scratches his head and chuckles, "Well that explains the pile of roses on the couch and the floor."

I gasp trying to pick the ones off the floor. Judy and Robert still seem confused but welcome Elvis back, cautiously.

"It's finally good to have you back, Elvis." Robert says patting E's shoulder.

"Thank you, sir." E said smiling.

"I hope you make an effort to make Marie happy this time around Elvis."

Caught off guard E stops and looks at Judy. I stop picking up the roses and glance up, tense.

"Yes ma'am." He answered politely.