Chapter 31

Noon, Monday October 13, 1963

• Elvis' POV •

Big Bear mountain in California's a rush, it's filled with enormous mountains and beautiful scenery. While cameras are being tested and the director's chatting it up with the Colonel, I put my hands on my hip waiting for filming to start. I shake my head annoyed and walk to the guys and Marie. She's sitting comfortably in my director's chair. She grins up at me.

"How's the seat, sweat thing?" I ask making her smile wide.

"It ain't any better than your lap." She sarcastically mutters.

I scoff pecking her on the lips. She giggles and tries getting up, I shake my head and kiss her.

"It's all yours baby." I reassure her.

She cups my cheek, making my muscles relax. Suddenly, the director, so called the "King of Quickees" calls me on set. Marie pats my cheek, beaming.

"Knock 'em dead." She whispers.

I kiss her one last time before dashing toward the set. I'm surrounded by other actors and extras ready for filming.

••••••

• Marie's POV •

For the next half- hour, I watch the actresses dance and wrap their arms around Elvis. After an hour and a half, I yawn, bored out of my mind. Elvis has yet to mess up on a line though. It's the other bimbos that seem to forget what they're doing after a kissing scene. Then after two hours on set, I can't seem to find my place. Joe chuckles as he watches me shake one of my crossed legs, impatiently. He nudges at my arm with a sly grin.

"Why don't ya take the limo out for a 'ride'?" He advises.

I raise a brow. He chuckles again and slips something rough in my hand. I look down, it's money. It's a lot more than I expected too.

"Joe, I can't take this." I say handing him back the money.

He shakes his head smiling.

"This is what you deserve after watching them girls throw themselves at E and for keeping still for a couple hours." He says in a low tone.

"Go to some boutiques or somethin'. With the money you probably already got, you can buy a boutique." He jokingly says.

An idea crosses my mind.

"Tell Elvis I'll be shopping. I think I'll get started on dress shopping." I whisper to Joe as the director shouts cut.

Joe nods happily. He helps me back to the limo since he knows how clumsy I am. He shuts the limo door and waves as the limo drives forward. I open the window and yell out a thank you. I check in my purse and realize I did have enough to probably but a boutique. I shake my head silently laughing at Joe's words in my head.

I make it to a fancy, dress shoppe. The kind chauffeur opens the door for me, I thank him as he heads back inside the limo. Thank goodness for Elvis making me dress nice today. My blouse is a sheer blue blouse with white polka dots and my skirt is a dark mustard color, my heels are nude to soften the look. I nearly rush inside the shoppe hoping no one would recognize me. I sigh relieved, no press or crazy photographers. I glance around and see nothing but wedding dresses and prom dresses. Clueless of where to begin I glare at the wedding gowns.

An employee smiles and asks if I need any assistance. I think about it. I know what I want, I just don't know how many stores I need to get through to find it. I accept her offer and explain to her what I'm looking for. With open ears and a smile she listens carefully.