I Met Him On Tumblr

I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Prologue ✥

 ◂◂◂

The urban dictionary defines Tumblr as ‘the end of your social life’ and Google defines Tumblr as ‘a microblogging platform and social networking website’ but neither of those definition told me that I’d end up falling in love on there.

            I don’t think anybody ever thinks about the prospect of falling in love before creating an account on any social networking website. I had heard endless stories about falling in love on the Internet and each and everyone, to me, sounded like complete bullshit.

            After I first created my Tumblr account, I spent the majority of my time scrolling through an endless amount of pictures. I wasn’t even sure what was so interesting about it. I still am not sure. Growing up, my parents had always taught me to not talk to strangers – especially on the Internet because they were probably forty-year-old men but on Tumblr I spoke to so many new and different people.

            He was one of those people.

            I was home alone when I got a message from a Tumblr user called thatguyjason. The guy had sent me a message that said, ‘Hey, kik me sometime? @jasongray8’. I decided to Kik him, ‘Hey’.

            There have been points in my life where I’ve wished I hadn’t Kiked him but the truth is, if I had the choice to go back and not Kik him, I wouldn’t because at the end of the day, messaging him was the best thing I ever did.

***

It just happened that, that night my mum was out. I had no idea where, probably some charity dinner to make her feel like a better person. I didn’t mind, though, because I got to stay in bed on Tumblr. I had organized to Skype with my friend from England, when she got home from school.

            I was overjoyed to see that I had gotten a new message on Tumblr and I clicked onto it. It was from a user called thatguyjason and I clicked onto his account, his profile picture was of himself and two other girls by his side. His blog was filled with photos of beaches and girls and sport. His message to me said, ‘Hey, Kik me sometime? @jasongray8’. It didn’t take me long to decide to message him. I had nothing to lose and if he turned out to be a creep, I could easily just block him or ignore him.

            I then found his Kik account, his picture was one of him, he wasn’t smiling or anything, just staring blankly at the camera.

            I wasn’t sure was to type and for a few moments ponded on what I should say to him. In the end, I just wrote Hey (: and waited for a reply.

            I met him on Tumblr.

Warning: This is a spin-off to I Met Him On Omegle meaning this story contains spoilers for I Met Him On Omegle

Originally I wrote I Met Him On Omegle on wattpad so I could have a spin-off to it and so that's exactly what I'm going to do :) I just want to say that this story is going to be nothing like I Met Him On Omegle even though it sounds like it's going to be the same. Leave me a comment on what you think!

cover made by: all-their-lies