The Dog Days Are Over [3]

I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 3: The Dog Days Are Over ✥

>> “Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back, struck from a great height by someone who should know better than that. The dog days are over.” – The Dog Days Are Over by Florence and The Machine

 ◂◂◂

 “This is Patrick and this is Tricia,” Olivia continued. The amount of people she had introduced me to was endless and I would never be able to remember them. “They’re dating.” I looked down at their intertwined hands and smiled.

            “Patrick, Tricia, this is my beautiful best friend Linnea.”

            “Isn’t linnea a flower?” Patrick asked, cocking his head to the left.

            “Yep.”

            “That’s a cute name! See, Tricia, we should name the baby after a flower!” My eyes widened, shocked. His girlfriend was pregnant?

            Tricia laughed. “You should’ve seen your face, I’m not pregnant. I would never have his kid.”

            Patrick scoffed. “Please, you’re dying to have my kid. You want to take me to a room right now and fuck me senseless.” Tricia rolled her eyes and shook her head.

            “How long have you guys been dating?” I asked, curiously.

            Tricia looked to her boyfriend. “How long have we been dating, Pat?”

            “Why do you think I don’t know how long we’ve been together? Of course I know how long we’ve been together! 6 months!” Tricia smiled and kissed Patrick’s cheek. My attention was then directed to Olivia running to a guy who just entered the room. I had never met him before.

            “Johnny!” He gave her a quick peck. My eyes widened. Who was this guy and why had Olivia never told me about him? The guy, ‘Johnny’, put his arms around Olivia and they started walking towards me.

            “LeeLee, this is Johnny, the guy I’ve been seeing.” I wanted to scream ‘what guy?’ because she had never told me she was seeing a guy but I didn’t, deciding I’d ask her about it later. “Johnny, this is Linnea.”

            “I’ve heard so much about you,” Johnny said, smiling. He was a good looking guy and looked a couple years older than us. He had dark brown hair and eyes and stubble.

            “Yeah, same,” I sent Olivia a look saying ‘why the hell have you not told me about this guy’. I spoke to him for a little while longer but than the couple left and I was sitting on the couch, awkwardly, like I had imagined. So, I did the one thing I always did when I felt awkward, I went on my phone.

            I went onto Kik and started messaging Hope. ‘I’m at a gatho and I know like nobody and I’m awkward and bored. HELP ME!’

            I then went and texted Jason. ‘I’m bored’

            Almost immediately Jason texted me back. ‘Aren’t you going to that gatho?’

            ‘Yeah! Why do you think I’m bored!? I know nobody :(‘

            ‘You’re supposed to make friends, you loser’

I typed a reply, smiling. ‘I’m not good at that shit’. I enjoyed talking to Jason and we spoke a lot, our conversations never ended. I texted Jason for a little while but then I had to socialise.