Nothing Like Us [22]

I Met Him On Tumblr

✥ Chapter 22: Nothing Like Us ✥

>> ''Cause nothing can ever, ever replace you. Nothing can make me feel like you do." - Nothing Like Us by Justin Bieber

◂◂◂

“She’s waking up!” I heard a voice squeal and recognised it as Olivia’s. My eye’s fluttered open and I looked around the room, confused. It looked like I was in a hospital. Why was I in a hospital?

            Then it all came back to me. Carson had done this to me. I had underestimated him. “How long have I been out?” I tried not to look to my right because I knew Jason was sitting there. He was the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes.

            “Linnea, it’s been months. It’s June now.”

            I rolled my eyes. “You’re bullshitting me.”

            “You were out for a couple of hours,” I heard Jason say from beside me.

            I gave him a quick glance. “Oh, okay.”

            “I’m going to call your Mum and get a nurse,” Olivia said and walked out of the room, ignoring the looks I kept shooting at her for her not to leave me alone in a room with my very new ex-boyfriend.

            “Thank God you’re okay.”

            “What are you doing here?” I asked, coldly trying to ignore the little voices in my mind wondering what Carson had done to me. My body was aching and I was sure I looked like crap.

            “Your Mum called me and I was so worried. When they took you out of the ambulance I actually thought you were dead.” Jason ran a hand through his hair. “Fuck, you scared the shit out of me. I just needed to know that you are okay.”

            “I’m fine. You can leave now.”

            Jason sighed. “Can I at least wait until Olivia comes back?”

            “Okay. What did Carson do to me? Do you – do you know if he…” I didn’t want to actually say it because I was scared of the answer.

            Jason furrowed his eyebrows. “What did he do to you? Nobody would tell me. Did he, um, you know…” Jason’s voice trailed off and he shut his eyes. “Did he rape you?”

            “I don’t know,” I said, tears starting to form in my eyes.

            Jason stood up and for a second I thought he was going to leave but instead he came to me and wrapped his arms around me. I knew I shouldn’t be letting him hug me but I couldn’t help loving how safe and at home I felt in his arms. “It’s okay. I promise, it’s going to be okay.”