Adore You [8]

I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 8: Adore You ✥

>> "When you say you love me, know I love you more and when you say you need me, know I need you more. Boy, I adore you." – Adore You by Miley Cyrus

 ◂◂◂

I opened my eyes to see Elliot standing in the doorway, clapping. “That was very good, Linnea.” I was breathing heavily in the dancing studio.

            “How long have you been standing there?” I asked.

            “The entire time.”

            “I need to change a couple things but yeah…” My voice trailed off and I went and stopped the loud music. It felt like I hadn’t danced in weeks but in reality it had on been a couple of days.

            “I wanted to talk to you about a couple things. Are you done dancing for today?” I nodded. “Okay, well the first thing I wanted to ask you was if you wanted to teach some of the little kids? On Saturdays, when term one starts.”

A grin grew on my face. “I would love to teach the kids!”

            “You and Holly could do it together so it’s easier. I know you both would do an amazing job. The other thing I wanted to talk to you about is a new kind of competition that’s coming up. I’ll give you the brochure and everything but it’s on 16th and it’s called Dance Explosion. Basically it’s a dance-off type of thing with a bunch of different studios. You’ll be given random music and dance with a girl from each studio. What do you think?”

            I had done plenty of dancing competitions but nothing like that. “Sounds fun,” I smiled.

            “Okay, good, good! Come with me so I can get this brochure for you.” Elliot gave me the brochure and then I left. I walked home; it only took me ten minutes.

            When I got home I found my Mum reading a magazine in the lounge room. “Hi Mum.”

            “Linnea, I thought you were at dancing.”

            “Yeah I was there for ages…” my voice trailed off. I shouldn’t feel this awkward around my own mother. “Um, I’m going to go to my room.”

***

“So what are you doing today?” Facetime was open on my phone and Jason was fixing his hair. I kept laughing at him.

            In between giggles I said, “Carson’s coming over.”