West Coast [14]

I Met Him On Tumblr

✥ Chapter 14: ✥

>> "You push it hard up all the way, I'm feeling hot and on fire. I guess that no one ever really made me feel I'm a child. They all say, "Oh, cariño", boy, it's you I desire. Your love, your love, your love." - West Coast by Lana Del Rey

◂◂◂

“Johnny’s picking me up in like 10 minutes, we need to be quick!” Olivia exclaimed as I fumbled to take the pregnancy test out of the packet. We were supposed to be home an hour ago but instead we only got home a couple of minutes ago. Olivia had been putting off taking a pregnancy test for a couple days but finally, she decided she needed to with of course, some persuading from me. “I’m not going to have enough time!”

            I shoved Olivia in the bathroom. “Just take the test. All the tests.” I handed her a plastic cup. “Put them in this when you’re done and come to my room, yeah?”

            “Okay,” She said quietly and I walked to my room.

            Olivia wasn’t ready for a kid and so I hoped she wasn’t pregnant. If she was, I didn’t know how she’d react or what she would do. Every time I asked she would just change the subject. I sat on my bed, waiting impatiently for Olivia but after 5 minutes, I walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door. “Are you nearly done?”

            “It’s hard to pee on like 10 pregnancy tests!” She shouted back. “I have like no pee left.” After a minute, Olivia came out of the bathroom, holding a plastic cup with a bunch of pregnancy tests. We walked to my room together where I grabbed the box and started reading it.

            “It says we have to wait 10 minutes. Hopefully Johnny’s late.” But Johnny wasn’t late. In fact, he was early and we couldn’t just tell him to wait ten minutes because we were going to wait and see if he was going to be a Dad so I shoved the cup of pregnancy tests under my bed where hopefully nobody would find them.

            “Are you going to look at them?” Olivia asked, softly. I knew she was shit scared.

            “We’ll do it together. On Sunday come over and we’ll see. Don’t think too much about it for now.” I opened the front door and Johnny was waiting in his car. He waved at me and I waved back. “Have a good time,” I laughed, suggestively. It was times like this that I wished I could wink.

            I walked back inside and started getting ready for bed. It was still early but I had a dancing competition tomorrow. I was so nervous, partly because Jason was coming to watch me. I hadn’t seen Jason since we went to dinner, we’ve spoken everyday since then but I want to see him more than anything else. I called Jason, hoping he would answer but he didn’t. I groaned and got into bed. I really wanted to talk to him before I went to bed.

            Wow, I sound like a clingy girlfriend.

            And I wasn’t even his girlfriend.

            I fell asleep only to be woken up by my phone ringing. It was 12 o’clock. The phone screen was too bright for me to read who it was so I answered, “Hello?”