One For The Road [6]

I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 6: One For The Road ✥

>> "So we all go back to yours and you sit and talk to me on the floor. There's no need to show me round baby, I feel like I've been in here before." – One For The Road by Arctic Monkeys

 ◂◂◂

I suppose I should’ve taken closer notice to how close I had become to Jason. I spoke to him a lot, more than I’d like to admit but when we started talking we could talk for hours about nothing in particular and I loved that. I loved how freely I could talk to Jason. I hadn’t had time to Facetime Jason but one Tuesday, we were both doing nothing so decided to.

            “Hey loser,” I greeted.

            “Loser?” He smirked. “You’re the loser.”

            “Nah, sorry, that’s you.” Jason laughed, shaking his head. “So what’s doing, good looking?”

            “That very good, Nea,” Jason chuckled. Again with the fucking nickname? I couldn’t explain why but when Jason called me that it made me feel all weird and happy.

            “What’s with the nickname?” I was bold enough to ask.

            “What? You don’t like it, Nea?”

            I couldn’t exactly say that I adored it and wished he would use it a bit more so I just settled for saying, “Eh, I don’t mind. Nobody calls me Nea.”

            “Am I nobody?” He smirked.

            “I don’t know, are you?” I chirped.

            “Why do you always answer my questions with another question?”

            I grinned. “Do I?” I laughed at the annoyed expression that was creeping onto Jason’s face. “So Jason, why aren’t you out looking for some girl to fuck?” Jason had a slight smirk on his face, as per usual.

            “Because I’ve got you, sweetie.” Jason had made it very obvious to me that he liked to have sex with a lot of different girls but I knew he didn’t like talking about it much because he thought he’d make me feel uncomfortable. I think I had made it obvious that it didn’t make me feel uncomfortable.

            “Okay, I’ll be over in 10,” I joked.

            “You know, we could live in the same street.”

            “And I guess we’ll never know, aye?”

            “Lets meet up.” My heart started beating fast. I wasn’t ready to meet up with Jason because I feared that then he’d realise how boring and uninteresting I really was and he’d never talk to me again. It wasn’t as if the prospect of meeting Jason didn’t excite me. It made me feel all giddy inside but it also made me extremely nervous.

            “Maybe one day.”

            “You don’t want to meet up?” He asked.

            “I do, I just really like talking to you like this and I don’t want to ruin it.” I felt myself blush. This is not an appropriate time to blush, you idiot. “One day I’m sure we will.”

            “One day we will,” Jason confirmed and we fell into uncomfortable silence. I didn’t know what to say. “So tell me about your date with that Connor guy?” A day ago I had gone out to the restaurant with Carson and I still couldn’t get over how perfect it was.