Knee Socks [4]

I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 4: Knee Socks ✥

>> “Well you cured my January blues. Yeah, you made it all alright. I got a feeling I might have lit the very fuse that you were trying not to light. You were a stranger in my phonebook I was acting like i knew 'cause I had nothing to lose.” – Knee Socks by Arctic Monkeys 

 ◂◂◂

“You don’t need to be on a diet, Olivia,” I said as we walked through the supermarket. Olivia’s Mum was making her do the grocery shopping while she waited in the car and since I was over her house at the time, I went with her.

            “Yeah I do!” She exclaimed.

            “You’re crazy.” We walked to one of the lines and waited.

            “Shit, I forgot to get that popcorn! Can you quickly go get it for me?” I nodded and started walking towards where the popcorn was. I found the popcorn that I knew Olivia adored and went to grab it but instead touched a stranger’s hand.

            “Sorry,” I said looking up at the young guy. He grabbed the bag of popcorn and gave it to me and then took one for himself.

            “There you go,” He told me.

            I smiled. “Thanks.” I walked back to Olivia, turning around once to take one last look at the cute guy who had just given me a bag of popcorn. He had messy brown hair and his eyes were a light shade of brown. He couldn’t of been much older than me.

            “Here,” I gave Olivia the bag of popcorn.

            “Yum. This stuff is the best thing you’ll ever taste.”

            I laughed. “And who do you have to thank? You weren’t even going to try it when I bought it!” One time, Olivia and I wanted popcorn so we went to the supermarket but they didn’t have the popcorn we liked but I bought this one anyway. She refused to try it at first but after a while, she did.

            Olivia and I walked outside to her Mum’s car and then we walked back to the supermarket to put the trolley away. The guy I had spoken to before walked out of the supermarket and walked to us. “What a cutie,” Olivia whispered next to us. “Hi,” She said in a seductive voice that I’d probably never be able to use.

            “Hey.” He brushed her off and turned to me. “I was wondering if before you disappeared I could get your number?” I smiled. Why the hell not? It wasn’t every day a super cute guy asked for your number. I reached out for his phone. “What’s your name?”

            “Linnea, you?” I typed my name into his phone under ‘Linnea’s hot’ along with my number and handed it back to him.

            “Carson. Well, thanks Linnea, I’ll text you and hopefully I’ll see you soon,” Carson winked and walked to a car, getting into the drivers seat. I bit my lip and looked at Olivia.