Someone Else [20]

I Met Him On Tumblr

✥ Chapter 20: Someone Else ✥

>> “I used to believe love conquers all ‘cause that’s what I felt when you held me. I thought you’d catch me if I fall and fill me up when I’m empty. I don’t wanna see you go, I only wanna see you smile.” - Someone Else by Miley Cyrus

◂◂◂

 I sat on my bed and started sobbing. Why the hell were we even arguing? Jason was with me. He liked me. I was so pathetic. Of course he wouldn’t touch me. I wanted to go find Jason but I knew if I stood up my legs would probably give out.

            I don’t know how long I sat there, crying but my door opened and Jason walked back in and I immediately stood up, throwing my arms around him and crying into his chest. These tears weren’t because I was angry with him or because I was sad, the tears were because I was relieved. “It’s okay, baby,” Jason cooed in my ear. “I’m so sorry. I lo-” Jason stopped. “It’s going to be okay.”

            Was he going to say that he loves me? Why didn’t he? Would I have said it back? So many questions were running through my mind. He could’ve been saying ‘I lost my car’ or something.

            I moved out of Jason’s arms and said, “I’m sorry.”

            “You don’t have anything to be sorry for, sweetheart.”

            “I’m sorry for acting that way about Sammy, I’m sorry for screaming, I’m sorry for flinching.” When I mentioned flinching, a look of disappointment came on Jason’s face.

            “I don’t want you to be scared of me. I’m never going to hurt you, no matter how angry I get sometimes, I will never lay a hand on you.”

            “I know that Jase, I know you’re not going to hurt me. You were just so angry and then you left…”

            “I didn’t like seeing you scared of me.” He lay down on my bed and opens his arms. I lay down next to him, wanting to be as close to him as possible. “I don’t want to fight anymore. I won’t talk to Sammy anymore if that’s what you want. You come over Sammy, no matter what.”

            “No that’s not what I want,” I sighed. “I was overreacting.”

            “Nothing is ever going to happen between us.”

            “I know, I know. I trust you.”

            “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me, Nea, never forget that.” Jason kissed my nose. “You know I met your Mum.”

            I started laughing. “Yeah, how was it?”