Off To The Races [12]

I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 12: Off To The Races ✥

>> “I need you, I breathe you, I’d never leave you. They would rue the day I was alone without you. You’re lyin’ with your gold chain on, cigar hanging from your lips. I said, “Hun, you never looked so beautiful as you do now, my man.” - Off To The Races by Lana Del Rey

 ◂◂◂

 Olivia needed to learn how to knock, or maybe call before she came over to my house because then at least I could’ve tried to cover up my bruised skin. “I need your he-” She paused when she saw me and stayed silent for what felt like eternity. “What the fuck happened to you, Linnea?”

“Nothing.”

            “Don’t lie to me. Did you get into a fight with someone?”

            “Something like that.” I wanted so badly to tell Olivia what happened and it was on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn’t say it. It hurt too much to say. I knew if I said it out loud again and spoke about it, it’d make me feel even more weak and pathetic.

            “Linnea… just tell me.”

            “Carson hit me,” I said so quickly that I didn’t expect her to understand.

            “He what?!” She screamed and started pacing my room. “I’m going to fucking kill him. I am going to cut off his dick and then throw him in a river that fucking asshole. Wait until I get my hands on him.”

Olivia continued ranting but I tuned her out and when she stopped talking. I asked, “Are you done now?” She inspected my face, closely and touched the bruise on my face. I winced. If she had seen them yesterday she would’ve lost her shit even more than today. Thankfully it wasn’t as dark as it was yesterday. It was fading from the dark purple colour to a lighter blue. I sighed. “Now what did you need my help with?”

            “Doesn’t matter now. I need to go so I can kill Carson.” She started walking out of my room. “You broke up with him, right?” I bit my lip. Did I? Not really. I tried but it’s not that easy. Starting from the beginning, I told Olivia the whole story and prayed she could help me.

            My Mum hadn’t even noticed the fact that I hadn’t left my room for two days and I knew I shouldn’t expect her to be worried. She was never worried about me. Matthew had tried to come into my rooms a couple of times, but I just told him I was really sick and every time he’d come in my room I would just pretend to sleep and put my head under my covers.

            Olivia’s advice for me wasn’t very different to Jason. She told me to go to the police and as much as I tried to explain why I didn’t want to, I couldn’t. How could you possibly explain something that you didn’t even know the explanation to?