I want my Mom, not you!

Part 3

I want my Mom, not you!

The sad part is that our pack doesn’t work like the other ones. We graduate in the end of the summer and that only gave me one week before I had to move to my new temporary home. Yup, you guessed it right, it’s been a week now and I am getting ready to hop on the train to my new destination in life. I do not look forward to spend four hours on a train!

Father drove me to the train station after a very tearful goodbye with The Little Ones. Mother held on to them tightly when I left, the pain visible in her eyes. It literally feels like I’ve abandoned them.

“Princess,” Father says with a smile. “You have grown up to become a beautiful young woman. I am so proud of you.”

I am only holding a small white bag in my hands, the only items I need to bring with me to my new life. I have never worn real clothes before and the pink skirt and white blouse is a little uncomfortable. At least I was allowed to wear my white sneakers. My long blonde curly hair is not pinned up in the usual ponytail and it is blowing freely in the wind. I look… cute. That’s the approach Alpha Bear told me to use to hide the hardness inside myself. He also asked me to giggle a lot. I am going to look like an idiot.

“Thank you, Father.” I smile to him. “I am going to high school, my friends thinks I am weird.”

“It’s the path of your life, your Mom is so proud of you for that decision. She is expecting you to come back and work as a teacher when you are finished.”

My train rolls in and I throw myself in his arms. “I love you!” we say at the same time and I border the train, not at all ready for the new life I have ahead of me. I make myself comfortable in the light blue leather seat and I wave to father until he disappears in the horizon.

I pick up the letter Alpha Bear said I must read on the train. There is something in it and I rip it open to find a bright pink iPod with white headphones. I never owned an iPod before! Next to it is a folded letter and I pick it up, eager to read it.

Dear Princess;

Today you are going out to face the ultimate test of your skills. It is by most important matters that you try to keep your identity hidden as long as possible from unwanted attention for your own safety.

Alpha Denwood from the Sunshiny Pack will receive you at the River Hill’s station. He is the only one who knows that you are from our pack and you can confide in him as he is one of my closest friends. I am wise but old; a younger Alpha can help you more to settle into the role.

The iPod is my gift to you; it is loaded with music a young girl like you should enjoy. Have fun, this experience is for you to embrace as it will be the last time you will be able to live this carefree again.

With much love / Your Master

Sunshiny Pack! My life is stalked by stupid names. I stuff the letter into my bag and I decide to listen to my iPod. There isn’t much I can do on a train that is half full of people anyway. I listen to the music and watch the landscape pass by. It is red trees, orange trees, green trees, horses, cows, fields, lakes, towns and so on.

I have never left the Ninjan territory before. I have never been away from my family for more than a few hours. I never got tired of being there, so a year for me feels like an eternity without them. But home would have been different without all my friends. Music was not something I listened too; I prefer the sounds of nature.