Fancy finding you here

Part 17

-

Fancy finding you here

I am such a lucky girl. Vincent is a great kisser. I lean back and give him a blinding smile. He’s just dazed by me and I love that I’m in complete control over the situation. Maybe I won’t be so lucky next time.

I leave the small room first and walk into a class of students who seems to worship Jason. I bet he likes that! He was always the black sheep back home, but a loved black sheep. It’s a mystery how a proper girl like me became friends with Jason. Ha, no it isn’t! I’d probably love anyone who resembles my father.

“Princess!” Jason exclaims when he hears me. He turns around with an irresistible grin and all female wolves in the room sighs. I’m the only one sighing in a negative way. “Welcome back to the class!”

He studies me for about two seconds before he disappears into the front room. He read me like an open map, but what else did I expect? I moan to myself when I hear his fist collide with Vincent’s nose. I like that nose!

“Don’t you ever, and I mean ever,” Jason threatens him in a venomous voice,” touch her again. Do you understand me?”

What is he doing? I think he is taking the overprotecting friend a bit too far…

I don’t think anyone in the class heard anything. Jason is trained to be discrete and so am I. I quickly move back into the front room, but too late. I close the door behind me in time to see my best friend knock the love of my life unconsciously, with one blow into his stomach.

“Jason,” I hiss at him. “You’re so dead!”

Anger grips me when I see my lifeless mate on the floor. Attack and kill. I leap the distance between us and Jason barely blocks my first hit. This room is too small to fight in and I quickly control my anger so I don’t smash it into pieces. I throw him up against the wall, showing my teeth. He just lets me hold him there. He’s never been scared of me, convinced that I never would hurt him seriously. He shouldn’t be so confident.

It’s so hard to hold back the confusing emotions. My wolf wants to rip him into pieces while my human doesn’t want to hurt my best friend more than necessary. I remember young Jason who was the only one who dared to reach out to me when the rest of the class were too intimidated by my mother. Thanks to him I had someone that stood me by whatever happened.

“It’s hard to love you,” I growl at him, “when you attack my mate for no reason.”

“He touched you,” he answers me with a smile. “He was a jerk and now I did my part as a best friend!”

“Jason!”

“Calm down, Princess,” he pleads like I’m a little girl. Well, I’m not and he loves to tease me.

“Don’t you dare tell me to calm down!” I yell back at him.

“You might ruin your dress.”

S M A C K.

Five red fingers are glowing at Jason’s right cheek and I smirk proudly at my work. Accusing me of being girly must be the worst insult he ever came up with. Girly insults deserves girly revenge.

“That’s for hurting my mate,” I say satisfied to a shocked Jason. I let go of him slowly and take a few steps back so I’m standing protectively in front of my mate.

“Did you just bitch-slap me?” He starts laughing. “I can’t believe you did that!”

The handprint is slowly fading away, to my disappointment, but I proved my point. He will most likely cross that line again if he feels like it. His impulsive side is hard to tame, just like The Little Ones. I’ll never stop trying.