Let's not make any mistakes

Part 26

Let's not make any mistakes

The boys laugh at Jason as he leaves the garage. I can’t help myself from smiling from ear to ear. Carlie’s going to keep him busy for the rest of his life, that’s for sure.

“I’m so glad he found a mate,” I say out loud. “It will do him good. Maybe he’ll grow up a bit.”

“A little bit, but not too much?” Greg suggests.

“Exactly,” I agree. “He taught me how to have fun and to do things I shouldn’t. That’s why I’m not scared to try new things.”

“Like driving,” Chris adds. “How are things going to be from now on?”

“I’m not sure,” I tell him disappointedly. “I was looking forward to learning how to drive.”

“You don’t need that many lessons to learn how to drive,” Adam says smiling and opens the door to the car. “Jump in. You’re a natural talent at learning things, right?”

“Right,” I say excitedly. “I can learn how to drive during a night.”

I doubt my own words, but I can try, can’t I? It’s enough if they believe in me. At least I’ll be taking my mind off the Alpha business for a while. It has given me a slight headache.

We pack ourselves into the car and I breathe out slowly. It’s a little bit packed in here, but I like it. I like being with the boys, not just Jason or that mate of mine. I find myself quite lucky for finding all these people in just two weeks.

My head spins as I carefully back the car out of the garage. I haven’t slept much in the past days, but I’m not letting any tiredness ruin my time with the boys. I hold back a yawn and they complement me for backing out the car perfectly. I’m quite relieved over that fact. I don’t want to crash their car. They would probably tease me forever if I did.

“Alpha Ray is on the road!” Greg yells out of the window like a maniac to embarrass me. “Watch out!”

I feel my cheeks flushing, but decide to ignore it. There’s only one car driving on the road and I wait patiently until it passes us before I continue to back out. I feel the panic in my chest. Why did I let them talk me into this? I can’t drive in public yet! Someone might get hurt.

I can see the headlines… New Alpha ran over a five year old. I shudder when I see the face of my sister and shake the image away. I know where the break is. Let’s just use it if any playing children run into the street!

“We are watching your back, Princess,” Cole says comforting. “The best way to learn is to start the hard way. You’ll learn from your mistakes.”

“Thanks,” I mutter. “I’ll keep that in mind! What do I do, where do I go?”

“Just drive, we’ll give you directions in good time,” Adam says next to me and I feel calmer already. I’m glad he’s in the front with me.

I’m driving slowly through the neighborhoods while they are shouting out directions and traffic rules. The information is spinning inside my head but I remember a few things from before. I’m quite proud of myself for surviving the first hour without crashing into anyone. There was a close call, but that car was driving like a jerk. I honked the horn in anger and they all laughed at me.

I decided to take a break after that and drove to the closest place to eat. They serve hamburgers and they smell delicious. They are exactly what I need right now. My stomach is rumbling. I didn’t get much to eat today. I had so much to think about that I barely managed to eat anything during dinner.