What friends are for

Part 30

What friends are for

It feels good to wake up.

I’m not sure what woke me up, but I’m embraced in warmth I never want to let go off. It must be my Vincent. Who else can make my heart sing like this?

The world is quiet, quieter than I ever heard it before. Mother says quietness has a sound, but I never experienced it until now. It feels quite eerie. It’s making me feel calm and I smile at the peace I feel inside of me.

I have Adhaerentia. I closed down my wolf senses so I can deal with my emotional instability. It’s a defense button to protect my wolf from my human side. A human can heal difficulties, but it’s a lot harder for a wolf to become sane again if they lose it. I’m not very upset about it because I know my wolf will come back to me when I’m ready.

I untangle myself from Vincent’s arms and sneak out of the bed without a sound. I don’t want to leave the comfortable warmth, but I really must use the bathroom.

How do I explain the loss I’ve been through this last day? It feels like I’ve been beaten down by a bat. My head is still groggy, but I’m getting some energy back. The alarm clock on my bedside table shines four in the morning with red letters. I can barely see my sleeping boyfriend in the dark. I am night blind without my wolf senses.

It feels weird, but still safe somehow. It’s like my wolf will come back and explode in rage if anyone tries anything against me. Well, that’s the kind of thing I want to avoid as long as possible. Who knows what damage it would cause me. It’s not like I need my wolf to fight, Mother taught me well in that area.

I close the bathroom door carefully behind me before turning on the light. I wince when I see my reflection in the bathroom mirror.

Holy wolf spirits, did Vincent see me like this?

I look awful with a pale face and I’m covered in dried blood. My hair is tangled and I quickly rip off my ruined clothes. I spend the next ten minutes washing myself thoroughly. The blood follows the water down into the drain and I hold back a wave of nausea when I see it. It’s my sister’s blood.

The image plays up inside my mind and I let a few tears escape. Will I ever be able to move on from this? Will she be able to move on from it? What about Kate? Did she see it happen?

I dry myself with a clean towel and climb back into bed naked. I didn’t comb my hair and it’s hanging damp down my back. I hope he won’t mind. I need him so much now. I need to forget about the world for a little bit and just focus about him and me. I can deal with the rest later. I’ll be able to focus on anything as long as I can be with him first. The need is burning inside me.

I grip my hands on both sides of his boxers so I slowly can take them off him. He’s not stirring in his sleep. Is he that comfortable with me?

I let his boxers slide to the floor and I straddle him shamelessly. I lean down and press my lips down softly so they touch his chest. The taste of his bare skin is intoxicating. I continue to trail kisses up over his neck and cheeks, finally I reach his mouth. I feel him harden beneath me and it makes me more excited.

His strong arms suddenly grab my waist and I moan loudly as the sparks fly through me. He kisses me back with a passion that shakes me up completely.

“Princess,” he whispers and to me it’s the most beautiful thing he can say.

-

Vincent fell asleep after we made love. It’s easier to breathe when I look at his angelic expression. Well easier doesn’t solve anything.