Full Moon

Part 22

Full Moon

I’m sitting on the floor in the little boys’ room. They are happily asleep while I am watching over them. A small lamp gives a dim light over the room. The whole house is quiet and I’m just waiting for everyone to get back home. It shouldn’t take very long. I’m sure the Werewolf Security Force already knows what’s happening. I can sense the threat from here, so they must be preparing the defence already.

I am wearing my black warrior uniform that I brought with me from home. It is extremely comfortable and specially designed for me. I love to wear it. The texture is smooth and made of a strong thin fabric. I haven’t used it that many times before. Not as many times as I wanted to. Well, my whole warrior outfit is hidden under my pink pyjamas with hearts on it.

I’ve never been to war before. I can almost smell all the enemy wolves approaching. The Alpha in me woke me up from my sleep fifteen minutes ago. I can sense them coming. My target is among them. I am not scared to face them, just pleased to finish the whole charade here in the Sunshiny Pack.

I can go home after this.

Can I really go home if I become an Alpha of another Pack? I seriously doubt it. Alpha Bear knows what he is doing. I just don’t like the direction he’s throwing me at. Taking over a pack will be a challenge. My mother knew what she did when she raised me and I wonder if it was her intention all along to make me into an Alpha. I’m sure I will be a good Alpha eventually.

How will Vincent fit in all of this? Is he willing to return and build up his old pack again? I hope he will. Otherwise I must find a way to make him come with me.

Finally I can hear the Denwood’s car driving towards the house. I quickly make my way downstairs and I’m waiting at the driveway when they park the car a minute later. Alpha Denwood, Gretel, Bradley, Kaitlyn and Gabriel leaves the car and I feel relieved that another Ninjan will look after the family while I am gone. Everyone but Gabriel seems to be shaken up.

“Hi, Princess,” he smiles. “You’re looking good.” He looks me up and down approvingly.

“Where’s your attire?” I retort and walk up to Jack. “Is everything prepared?”

“Yes,” Jack answers angrily. “I’ve sent everyone ahead. We need to get to the west field as soon as possible.”

I nod and we quickly get into the car.

“Jack, what’s happening?” Gretel yells worriedly. “Where are you taking Ray?”

He starts driving and I can see in the mirror that Gabriel forces them all into the house. I trust him to know how to take care of them. We sit in silence for the fifteen minutes it takes to drive to the west field. I feel how both packs are fighting as we’re getting closer to the battlefield. I selfishly reach out to find Jason and father and I find them fighting without trouble. I shouldn’t be worried. It’ a piece of cake for them to fight against regular wolves.

“We will save many lives if we find Alpha Marsh,” Jack says. “It’s better if I let you run ahead. It’s bad if he tracks me down first. Are you sure you want to wear that?” He looks at my pyjamas with interest and I shrug.

“Yes,” I assure him. “Let’s not give away who I am before it’s too late.”

“You’re right.”

“I’m not intending to let him slip away.”

He parks the car far enough from the field. I just need a five minute run to reach it. The battle is ringing loud in my ears and I feel myself letting go of my humanity. My pack is fighting and I want to run over and eliminate the danger.