Who's rejecting who now, huh?

Part 15

-

Who's rejecting who now, huh?

I look admiringly at father’s helicopter. He bought it when I was born so he could travel faster between his assignments. He only brings mother to fly with him on their countless honeymoons. Me and The Little Ones have never sat a foot inside of it. It feels thrilling to finally be allowed a flight in it. It will also be weird to have father all for myself.

Kate pulls my hand and I look down at her sad eyes. She’s so little, how can I leave her willingly?

“Are you coming back soon?” she wonders.

“In a few weeks I hope. It depends when we catch the bad guy,” I answer her truthfully. I hope it is sooner than later.

“I’ll miss you!” Mary gives me a hug and the other two joins in. They are just so adorable.

“I will miss you three,” I smile and turn my attention to mother.

She looks heartbroken, probably scared to death with the task to look after The Little Ones all by herself. She needs this time to bond with them, hopefully she learns how to tame them too. I love my siblings, but I refuse to live with them when I can get my own small house.

“Princess, you’ll be an Alpha when you return.”

My smile fades away at her serious comment. “I will not disappoint you, mother,” I promise her. I am a little bit nervous. Will I really be able to win over the Northwall Pack?

“You can’t disappoint me,” Mother ensures me.

My heart warms up with joy. It feels weird, but I walk up and hug her. She hugs me back and drops her hard façade a little bit. The Little Ones are still clinging onto me and the sight must be priceless.

“Little Ones, I expect you to look after mother while I am gone. Can you do that?”

They nod back and I break myself free from them. I walk up next to Jason and he looks so grown up in his black Werewolf Security Force uniform.

“Thank you for being the best friend on earth,” I tell him. “I can’t believe I’m going back there to pick up the charade again.”

“It will be worth it, Princess,” Jason tries to cheer me up. “Look at the bright side, you get to be an undercover agent and play around all day.”

I laugh out loud at his comment and box him lightly on his chest. “I don’t like to play around that much. I will be undercover but definetly not an agent.”

“What about the bet you made with your new friends? Driving is one of the few things I do better than you,” he states proudly. “Are you really going to fulfil it?”

“Just because your uncle taught you how to drive three years ago,” I mutter back to him.

“Kids!” my father shouts at us and starts the helicopter.

We climb into it and fasten our seatbelts. I wave goodbye to my family and it’s a sad sight to see them disappear as we are lifting from the ground. The flight is faster than the train and definetly faster than my run. Jason and I are glaring out of the windows, at the clouds and the land underneath us. It’s a cool sight, almost as cool as shifting.

I’m glad no one told mother I found my mate. Jason told father, but both haven’t said anything to Starley. She would demand Vincent to accept me without further discussion. I have changed my point of view after my talk with Alpha Bear. I want to fall in love with him for being him, not for just being my mate. Our bond will be stronger like that. I have a whole lifetime to win him over, so what’s the point in rushing?