Vincent's POV - The real Princess

Part 23

The real Princess

Vincent’s POV

I lied to her.

I can’t for a second forget that Princess is an Alpha. The power is radiating from her and almost forces me to bow down in respect in her near presence. My feelings are very complex. My wolf can’t get enough of his mate while my human feels hurt by the lie. The only outcome is that I accept her as she is. I can’t live without her.

Seeing my father attack her was the most horrifying moment of my life, even more horrifying than finding my mother dead. For a second, my life was over. Then suddenly the most unexpected ting happened; he fell dead to the ground. My Princess, my life and my reason to exist, killed my father. I’ve never felt so relieved before. I’m not sure anyone could despise him as much as I did. He turned mine and mom’s life into a living hell and finally drove her to death. That’s when I finally had it and left the Northwall Pack.

It’s almost morning and I’m watching her sleep. She looks so young and fragile, but her aura tells a different story. I want to protect her, but I will never be able to do that. That’s the irony of the Wolf Spirits. I wanted a strong mate and I got one. Now I wish she was just as fragile I first thought her to be. What can I possibly do for her?

She’s a Ninjan wolf. I shudder at the thought. How many times have I not thought of them in complete awe?

She’s raised to kill and to lead other wolves. She is an Alpha over my Home Pack. She’s my mate and she’s everything that I love and respect. I just find it difficult to think about my mate as a Ninjan. Jack knew all along and he still let me act like a fool.

My heart beats like crazy and I can’t look at her without feeling overwhelmed by devotion. I want to memorize every part of her precious face. I have no idea how our life together will be. It won’t be simple and carefree anymore. I’m an Alpha’s mate; people will expect me to lead by her side.

The fight the day before had been violent. We had twenty-five wolves in each pack and everyone wash skilled fighters. I don’t know what we would have done without the two Ninjan Pack members. They tore down the enemies without hesitation, just like Princess did. Well, three Ninjan Warriors if you count her in.

My dad forced me to join a few wars before, so I wasn’t completely green. He had been furious when he saw me. His pack blocked us from passing through where he was watching the war like a coward from behind.

I knew every wolf on the field. My old friend Toby had attacked me and the battle lasted for fifteen minutes before I finally killed him. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins and suddenly the smell of blood and war was replaced by the most delicious of them all.

Princess was on the battlefield! I was so shocked that I froze where I was standing. This couldn’t be right; she was supposed to be in safety in the Alpha Mansion! The fear took over all my senses and I failed to run over and protect her. Then my father attacked her and she miraculously managed to kill him. I filled up with confusion as I felt the Alpha power activate inside of her.

This couldn’t be right! My Princess isn’t an Alpha heir. But she was. She stopped the full out war in one move and impressed us all. She’s definitely a special girl.

My phone starts vibrating on the bedside table and I quickly pick it up. It’s Jack’s number.

“Hello, Jack,” I answer him. “You’re up early.”

“I never went to bed,” he states shortly. “I have a lot of things to deal with. I called to say that you don’t need to bring Princess to school today. You are both coming down here to discuss the future of our packs cooperation.”