I am a true master mind

Part 9

I am a true master mind

I am still tingling from the body contact with my mate. I feel a deep need to be with him and it’s only been less than a day since I first met him. I wonder what he is doing now, is he thinking of me? A lot of things happened today, it’s been so eventful. Definitely enough for me to not get bored.

I am getting ready for bed but I’m too excited to go to sleep. The talk with Alpha Denwood put me on edge and my own alpha roams the whole area in case something is out of the ordinary. How would I know anyway? It’s only my second night here.

There is still one thing I need to do before I go to bed and I’m not looking forward to it. I reach for my phone and I dial the number home. I can’t believe I didn’t call last night. I make myself comfortable under the warm blankets in my bed.

“Hi, mother,” I say when she answers the phone on the other side.

“Princess,” she adds formally. “How is your new home and host family?”

“They are very friendly here, too friendly,” I tell her harshly. “You’ve really put me up to a hard task.”

“Pardon?” she says breathlessly at my toxic tone. “What happened?”

“When did you ever feel that you needed to lie to me mother, I feel deeply insulted. You almost convinced me that you didn’t know about the plans, but you left me too easily, don’t you think?”

“It wasn’t easy to see you leave, we all miss you terribly,” she says with a sad voice and I can hear the wind blowing in the trees where she is. She is walking on the porch to our house and the steps sounds familiar and nice. I sigh and decide to change the topic.

“Are you taking a midnight stroll?” I listen to the sound of home and I feel a pang of home sickness in my chest. My mate is at the same time pulling me to stay right here where I am.

“I don’t want The Little Ones to wake up and hear you.”

An evil grin grows on my face; I can hear just how much they are asleep with my new Alpha hearing. They are on a good way of tearing the whole house down, with father helping them to their joy. I always stopped them before they got too far and mother doesn’t have a heart to tell them to stop. She’d never go against her mate.

“I hoped they still were up, I was planning on telling them a goodnight story,” I say disappointed, well knowing mother will fall for the bait. I hear her sigh in defeat on the other side.

“I don’t want to worry you with The Little Ones. I am their mother; I should be able to take care of them.”

“Don’t worry; they have the best father in the whole world. You raised me and I turned out alright, didn‘t I?”

“How is everything over there?”

I play with a strain of my long blonde hair and watch it glow in the light from my nightstand lamp. The whole house is sleeping and the three boys don’t need to hear adventurous goodnight stories to fall asleep.

“It is different. They are so naive and unaware, they barely have a connection with the wolf spirits. It’s sad and kind of insulting of how little they know.”

“Yes, that is common among wolves. Not many are privileged by being raised the right way, the way the wolf spirits wants.”

“Do you believe that that the wolf spirits wants me to claim to alpha position in the Northwall Pack?” I attack her and I wait anxiously for her answer. She is dead quiet on the other side of the line; I can barely hear her breathing.