Finding the Right man for me

Part 16

Finding the Right man for me

I can’t think of anything better to start the week with than a good morning run. I am running in a good pace, not too slow and not too fast. The air is a bit cool and I like that. The town is still sleeping, but there are sounds everywhere that usually drowns out during the day.

Cole, Adam, Chris and Greg have no problems keeping up with me, but Carlie is just as hopeless as last time. She is running fifty metres behind us and I can hear how hard she is struggling to catch up. She really needs to run more!

I was doing this with mother yesterday and I told her about my plans to teach my new friends how to open themselves up for the nature. She was proud of me and said it will be a good challenge for me to teach on my own. I am also interested in how well I will achieve in this mission.

I am testing their endurance. I didn’t tell them that. I bet Carlie is waiting for us to enter the forest, but I keep making them run in circles around the neighbourhoods. I don’t have a certain goal in mind and I guess it is a little bit evil of me to drag them around like this.

Carlie gives up first. She keeps walking after us and I make sure that we aren’t crossing her path as we are running around. The boys are starting to look tired after running for thirty minutes. Chris gives up first and is panting hard. Adam and Greg gives up not long after, obviously not willing to go on when one of them gave up.

Cole grins at me and he keeps running by my side for another ten minutes before I decide to pick up the rest of the troop. He seems to enjoy our run and he is a good sprinter.

“Do you run often?” I break the silence.

“People consider you quite crazy if you run without shifting,” he starts telling me. “I always enjoyed doing it though.”

“Me too,” I smile. “It’s different, harder. There’s a satisfaction after a run that our wolf can’t feel.”

“Yeah, that’s how I feel.”

“I hope you will keep working hard on the things I will teach you.”

“I’ll do my best, Princess.” He laughs as he notice Greg, Adam and Chris walking towards us. “Well done, guys,” he teases them when we get closer.

“Keep up,” I order them and they start running with us. Carlie is waiting on a bench a few roads down and she is shaking her fist angrily at us.

“You are running all over the place so I can’t find you!” she yells.

“I never lost you,” I say to calm her down. “Don’t worry, you didn’t miss anything exciting!”

Her eyes shines up at my comment. “Really?”

“Really,” I ensure her with a smile. “I don’t want you to miss out on anything important. One hundred push-ups, now.”

“What?” Carlie complains shocked as I and the boys drops down on the ground. “Forget it, I can’t do that!”

“You must start somewhere,” I advice her but she only snorts back. “The Wolf Spirits will reward you for your good work!”

“Will they really?” she says hopefully and gets down on the ground.

“For trying, yes,” I smile to her while I’m doing push ups. “You only have to do twenty today.”

Even twenty turns out to be a challenge for her, but she finishes before us. These boys are really fit, I guess just the girls in this pack are lazy. We start walking towards the forest and I can’t hold back a smile when we’re entering it. The smell of grass, dirt and leaves is wonderful. I don’t understand how wolves can live crowded together in a town.