The simplicity strikes me

Part 12

The simplicity strikes me

He looks down on his arms just as surprised as I am. “I didn’t feel a thing,” he says. “I hope I didn’t hurt you,” he continues quickly. “Did I?”

I shake my head and he leaves the room to find a shirt. Stupid, I could just run back home. The thought of being in a car with him is too tempting. I look around the white sterile kitchen, it’s not lived in. I can imagine myself living here with him. I would paint the walls in the shape of the Wolf Spirits. I’d make them green blue and pink.

That can’t happen. I must move back to the Ninjan Pack when I am finished here and I hope Vincent will love me enough to follow me there. I feel nervous just thinking about it, can he love me if I’m superior over him?

Oh my gosh, I just made out with my mate!

I am blushing deeply when he comes back to the kitchen. He’s wearing a white t-shirt with blue jeans and white sneakers. I could never wear white sneakers; I would get too much dirt on them. The bruises on his arm already healed, but I can still sense the invisible mark I made in him.

I follow him quietly to his car. I try not to read his expressions too much. The kiss changed something between us; I just wish I knew what. He’s actually acting like a responsible adult, making sure I have closed the door correctly and that I put my seatbelt on. I really wouldn’t have minded to run back again. The air in the car is so thick, too thick to breath and my world is spinning slightly from being so near him.

Then I remember it, the first mate kiss puts both parts in a bliss. He’s not able to reject me at this moment even if he wants to. That’s why he wanted to drive me home, before could I persuade him to go further and complete the mating. I would never do that, I’m not even ready to do that yet!

I shake away the embarrassing thoughts. I was never in love before I met Vince, being in love is not my style and I hate that it makes me feel so out of control! I’ll never find that control again, that’s the curse of having a mate. My soul has been split into two pieces and it will only be whole with Vincent.

He stops the car outside Alpha Denwood’s mansion and gives me a glare.

“Don’t run that far again, Ray. You could have gotten lost somewhere.”

“I didn’t get lost,” I tell him a bit annoyed.

“Don’t explore the neighborhood on your own. The Sunshiny Pack is a good hearted pack, but another pack’s members might be lurking around and they could mean danger.”

“I am very careful and I refuse to worry about getting attacked. I have been safe from them all my life so far.”

“We can’t be together, Ray,” he says shaking his head. “I will look after you until the day we can and I expect you to do as I tell you.”

“I’m not your slave,” I tell him with a cold voice. “Goodnight Vincent, don‘t feel forced to follow me to the door.” I open the door angrily and shuts it with a slam. I walk quickly into the house and I hear him drive away after I closed the door.

“Ray, is that you?” Gretel comes walking into the hallway before I manage to sneak out. “I was worried when you didn’t show up for supper, but then I saw you arrive in Vincent’s car.” Her eyes are glistering with curiosity. “You must tell me everything!”

I feel uncomfortable with the attention. This woman only met me two days ago and already feel like we are the closest family! I want to keep the details to myself. But I remind myself of the pact I made to make my mate suffer.