17

I woke up pretty late on Boxing Day morning. It made me feel so much better that I had a huge lie in.

I did the usual of checking my phone for all social media.

I scrolled through my Instagram feed but nothing in particular interested me. It was the basic Christmas selfies that everyone seemed to do.

I saw Shakira's video, wishing everyone a good Christmas. In the comments, I saw Neymar's username. This was the moment for me to start stalking.

He had a few photos that I missed. There was one of Davi. Another of him and Rafaella and then a few more of him and his friends. I then developed my stalking further and looked at posts that he'd been tagged in.

The majority of them were edits and pictures of Neymar playing on the pitch, that his fans uploaded. But there was one photo that stood out. He wasn't in any of his Barcelona jersey's and it wasn't an edit either.

It was a pretty dark photo. Considering that I couldn't see it very well, I turned up my brightness and tapped on the photo.

Neymar was taking a selfie, in a Batman costume with another girl, who was wearing a Batgirl/Catwoman costume. I tapped on the photo only to see that Neymar's username was tagged and Bruna Marquezine.

Neymar never mentioned Bruna but I had seen her on Instagram a lot but I didn't know much of her. I then looked at the caption of the photo, which was in Portuguese. I tried to click the 'see translation'  button, but with just my luck, it didn't work. All that was visible in the caption was a bunch of hearty eye and red heart emojis. This person must really ship them.

Throughout my whole stalking session, there were constant photos and videos of Neymar and Bruna together. By the looks of it, they looked like a couple.

The thought of that, gave me a sickly feeling in my stomach.

My next idea was to search up Bruna and Neymar.

From previous articles, Bruna was Neymar's on and off girlfriend. They had been together and broken up at least three times.

Pictures of Neymar and Bruna were also attached, from the World Cup, in 2014. I wasn't quite sure on whether I should trust the articles because a lot of them did lie. Who knew that maybe there could've been an article on me and Neymar that I just didn't know about.

I decided to ask another reliable source. Shakira.

I texted her, making sure that she knew I was only curious because I simply was. I wasn't that close to Neymar to be jealous.

I left my phone on my bed and went downstairs, putting on my penguin slippers, joining my family and Lauren's family in the kitchen.

I wasn't too hungry, so I just ate some cereal and decided to help out, by washing everyone's dishes and offering everyone a cup of tea or coffee. Majority of them said yes, so I decided to make some hot drinks.

"Hey Cam." Lauren said entering the kitchen, as I put all the mugs on a tray.

"Hey." I smiled at her.

"So, do you wanna go to the mall today? Just to do a bit of shopping while the sales are on." Lauren suggested.

"Sure, I'll get ready in a bit." I smiled at my best friend.

After serving everyone their drinks, I did as planned and went upstairs to get ready for the day ahead.

As I got my clothes out, I opened my texts to see Shakira's reply.

Shakira: Yes, Bruna is Neymar's on and off girlfriend. They are so complicated omg... I'm not even sure whether they both still like each other or they're only together just because they're bored. Also, hunny, it's okay if you're jealous, so what :)