26

My birthday was tomorrow and I felt like a little kid on Christmas Day.

One more step into adulthood. I was going to be twenty.

Shakira had offered for a bunch of us to have a meal at her house, which I wasn't fussed about. I didn't want to do something huge for my birthday.

Lauren had just painted my nails a pinky, nude colour. I was in love with it.

I had already gotten my dress out for tomorrow and placed it behind my bedroom door so it wouldn't get in my way.

As Lauren was in her room, on her phone, I went downstairs to answer the door that was being knocked on.

I wasn't expecting anyone to come this late. I was curious to see who it was and opened the door straight away.

My jaw dropped to the ground, as I saw the guy in front of me.

I felt my whole body freeze as he said my name.

"I wanted to see you. I knew you'd be busy on your birthday so I wanted to come and visit you a day earlier. Well the nigh before really." He spoke.

"Liam, what are you doing?" I managed to speak out.

"I wanted to see you. Incase you couldn't tell, I'm not over you and I miss you." He held onto my hand.

"Happy early birthday Mila." He smiled.

I was fully aware that Liam had comfortably walked into my house and the front door was wide open, yet I didn't bother doing anything about it.

"I won't take up too much of your time. Just please, think about us again. I'll sacrifice anything for you." He pushed a stand of my hair behind my ear.

I sighed and closed my eyes, looking down.

I felt his hot breath on my skin and I looked up slightly to see that he was moving closer to my lips but I dodged out the way. It felt as if everything was going so slow.

"Liam, I don't want to give you the wrong idea. I think you need to leave." I kept my eyes down but led him out the way.

"Yeah. Okay." Liam said." His voice sounding hurt.

I looked in the direction of the door to see another figure, slowly walking back to their car. It looked as if they left mine and Lauren's house.

"I hope to see you soon." Liam interrupted my thoughts.

I smiled and nodded at him, focusing my gaze back onto the person who had just entered their car.

As they drove away, I looked at the registration plate and my heart sank in my chest.

'NJR 11'

I bit my lip and closed my eyes, hoping Neymar didn't see anything and think that anything happened between Liam and I, but I knew. He probably did. He was bound to be pissed off.

---

I was glad that there was only a few people here with me to celebrate my birthday. Of course I wanted my family here to, and I was on FaceTime to them earlier but keeping it with a small group of friends was comfortable.

I had gotten a lot of presents and very many people had wished me a happy birthday on all my social media.

However, Neymar wasn't here still.

Lauren was assuring me that he was only going to be late and that he would soon arrive but I was just curious as to why he didn't arrive on time.

Shakira had made lots of different foods so I tried little bits of all of them.