Sundays (special story)

Authors note (quick)

hey guys before I start the story first off  look this time I drew the cover photo myself!
I couldn't really find any good pictures for this chapter so this was a last resort. Also you may be surprised as to why I updated so soon. there are two reasons #1 the last update was super short and I wrote it sleep deprived. And #2 I'm probably gonna be pretty busy cuz today's the final day of winter break and won't update much until exams are over. Also this chapter is really special and will be written in Otabek's perspective!!
With that please enjoy today's extra special chapter!

Sincerely,

your no longer sleep deprived author,
-Coffee&desperation

               Sundays
( Otabek's POV (point of view))

I woke up that morning at the peek of dawn. I lay awake watching the first light of daybreak appear. A mix of peach and rose colours  filled the sky And the mild smell of mildew and cigarettes came from the partly open window.

I look to my left like I do every morning, and every morning I see a different variation of the same thing. Yuri, sleeping in another one of his odd yet adorable positions. This morning he was curled up in a ball his arms and legs both entangled my arm in a tight restraint.
This is the hard part of my mornings, having to pry myself away from Yuri's death hold. If I wake him up he'll certainly be cranky for the rest of the day, Somdays I just wait until he wakes up but I decided to take the risk this morning.

I slowly and quietly wriggle my arm around to loosen his grip, I start to pull free and I think I'll be successful until he moans and shifts his body on top of my arm.
I sigh and slide my lower half off the bed trying my best not to make too much noise as Yuri is a fairly light sleeper most days.

I grab a pillow and slowly move my arm out keeping him levelled, I then replace my arm with the pillow and slowly set him down.
That seemed to have worked well enough aside from the light whine Yuri gave off as he no longer felt the warmth of my arm.
Well At least he was still asleep.

I slowly made my way out of the room, grabbing a towel and a change of clothing so I can take my usual morning shower.
Normally I shower in the morning and Yuri showers before bed, he says it helps him sleep or something. Needless to say we are human and forget sometimes so our shower patterns get scrambled up once in a while.

I make my way to the bathroom and shower like normal nothing out of the ordinary.
After my shower I Head to the kitchen to get a cold glass of milk out of habit.
I pass The living room, like usual and pour myself a glass.
I then go to sit down on the couch only to almost drop my milk.
There was Yuri sound asleep on the couch.

I'm certain he was not there when I passed by the room only a moment ago.
I didn't even hear him, I swear this guy is paranormal. Although I have shared a bed with him long enough to know he has a history with sleep walking.
Even so it still catches me off guard sometimes.

I sighed and covered him with a blanket so he wouldn't get cold.
Even when he was sleep Yuri was still careless.
I dimmed the lamp on the side table and got out a novel I'd been reading bits of for the past couple of days.

I push my reading glasses on and lose myself in the literature. (Head canon: Otabek reads fairytales and wears reading glasses.(Fact : as some of you may know ice skaters often have bad eye sight due to the flare from the ice.
But I just think Otabek would look cute with glasses..)).

As Yuri finally starts gain consciousness I finish up the last few pages of the chapter I'm on, then quietly put my entertainment away.
Yuri finally shifts until he's sitting up entirely.
He rubs his eyes and looks around the room then at me. " hrng...how did I get here.."
He groans.

"Take a wild guess." I reply sarcastically.

"...oh, right." He sighed and stretched his arms out.

Yuri lookes up at me then collapses his head down into my lap,
"I'm still tired.." he whines.

"Then go back to sleep."

"No."

"Then dont complain."

He just groans in reply and gets up to head to the bathroom and refresh. I get up and pour Him and myself a cup of coffee.
He comes back from the bathroom takes one look at the coffee then quite suddenly grabs me by the collar and starts kissing me.
He tastes strongly of mint, after a moment he pulls away.
"I just brushed my teeth the coffee will taste bitter."

"I guess you'll have to wait until the numbness fades." I reply

"What do you suggest I do until then?" He smirks, smugly.

I open my mouth to speak but He didn't give me enough time to reply.
Instead he grabbed my face and let's just say by the time we stopped kissing the coffee was long past cold.

"I guess iced coffee again today?" He remarks cheekily.

"I m starting to like iced coffee. " I flirt back.

"Then I guess we'll have it more often." He replies getting the milk and ice out. (They where entirely serious they're to lazy to re heat the coffee.)

After we finished our drinks we got ready to go out for a run like we do practically every Sunday. We change into our exercise clothes, Yuri gave me an elastic and I put his soft golden hair up into a ponytail and out of his face. I love it when I get to put his hair back for multiple reasons but mainly because I get to see the entirety of his stunning face.

We leave our apartment  and I lock the door behind us. We walk over to the usual secluded trail we go to, we begin our laps and talk about just whatever is on our minds.
Times like these I cherish, we dont do much but talk and simply bask in each others presence.  He often tells me things that he'd never told anyone, or things he's been yearning to tell me. He doesn't attempt to seem cool or cocky. In this state he's just purely himself,  and in this state I love him the most.

Every Sunday I fall more and more for him.

"I love Sundays. ".

Authors note#2

WOOH OKAY THAT WAS REALLY  HARD TO WRITE. JESUS 1st PERSON IS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT. I know this whole commentary doesn't feel or sound like something Otabek would say, but that's kinda what I had to do. Otabek is a man of few words. And i am a human of many detailed phrases (just doesn't work with my writing) if I stood true to what I imagine Otabek would actually be like for commentary it'd be too short, cheesy and bluntly cut. Let me know if you guys want a Yuri pov sometime! (I'll probably be better at matching his personality to the commentary )Or if you think I should never do this shit again. Either one is fine! Ahah anyways i hope this chapter wasn't too bad! Ah sheit...my real, full name is signed on my drawing so I have to blur that out.

Sincerely,

- Al- *cough cough* I mean coffee&desperation