Birthday special

(This story is a special where it's Yuri's hypothetical birthday, also Yuri is older and this is his 20th birthday. it has nothing to do with the actual story this is just a tribute for my son. )

Yuri awoke from his deep and enjoyable dream, by that time it was already past noon.
The night before Yuri, Otabek, and some friends went out to a bar/arcade to celebrate his birthday.
They had fun, ate lots of food and drinks, and played games till midnight, so naturally he was tired and a bit hungover despite only having a few drinks.

Slowly, he slipped out of bed and made his way down the hallway, the haze of just waking up still thick and prominent.

Immediately he was greeted with birthday wishes from his lover/housemate.

Otabek cups his cheeks and presses their lips softly together, Yuri can't help the small, breathy noise that escapes, that gets swallowed quickly in their deepening kiss. He curls his arms around the back of Otabek's neck while the older takes Yuri's waist in the crook of his arm, making The Russian gasp when he's lifted right off his feet and his toes are barely grazing the floor.

"Good morning." Breathes Otabek.

"G-good morning."

"Happy birthday."

"...Happy birthday .."

"It's not my birthday" Otabek chuckled.

"Oh... right thanks.."

"Are you hungry?"

"Mmn" Yuri finds himself nodding.

Otabek seats Yuri and gives him a glass of water to wear off the hangover and haze.

Yuri finishes the water quickly, after doing so he already felt the haze get significantly mellowed.

Afterward Otabek places a slightly ajar box in front of him.
Inside he can clearly see the golden brown lustre of his favourite food.

"Pirozhki?! But... when did how did?
"These look like my grandfathers Pirozhkis!"

"He stopped by earlier this morning and brought them as a gift."

"Ah ill have to call him later to say thanks." He says digging into a pastry.

Through the past years while Yuri didn't grow much physically, his attitude and manors have significantly increased for the better.
Otabek is proud of the man he's become.

Yuri's hair is long, reaching to about the middle of his back, and he often ties it into a bun or ponytail.
his height increased only slightly, making him about 5'5.
Though he's still short tempered over the years he's developed a much better control over his emotions.

Otabek went from 5'6 to well.. 5'6.
His hair had grown out a little bit and he'd started pulling off a man bun, he always kept his undercut though.
He now had some noticeable stubble that often bothered Yuri whenever they'd cuddle.

---

After finishing his Pirozhki brunch,
Otabek convinces him to go out.
After a bit of reluctance Yuri gets ready.
He heads back to his room and slips on a pair of black track pants with a white waist band with a black stripe down the middle and matching white cuffs, a grey tee, a black cap with a Leopard print sunblocker , his usual shoes, and a dark hoodie.