Time hurts as much as it heals

Yuri's hands clenched tightly, his nails dug so hard into his palms they nearly drew blood.

"Grandpa... I am seeing someone. I- I have been for a while now, I just... didn't know how to bring it up..."

"Ooh that's wonderful !"
His grandpa chuckled happily.
"I'm so proud of you Yuri! Don't worry about not telling me, you can catch me up now.
Whats her name?
How long have you two been together?"

Yuri didn't say anything, just starred at the ground.

" Yuratchka? Come now... what's the matter?
...
Yura... you know... you can tell me anything."

He finally looked up at his grandpa and took a deep breath.
"The person I'm seeing...

I... i-it's Otabek..."

His grandpa's face that was bursting with pride  only moments before, contorted to one of confusion and shortly after... disgust.

"...I never told you because I didn't want you to see me differently... I didn't want you to be disappointed in me.

I didn't want you to stop loving me..."

"..."

The back of his throat burned.
"Grandpa please say something..."
Yuri muttered holding back tears.

His grandpa sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Yuri...
l can't say that I understand.
I- this i didn't expect this from you...
I'm not sure how to feel, but yura... you know I will never stop loving you.
I may not entirely see things your way, but no matter where you go, what you do, or... uh who you love, I will always love you.

So I'll do my best to try to understand... I just need a little time to get used to this."

A quiet stream of tears padded down Yuri's cheeks. He covered his face with his hand and muffled a sob.

His grandpa looked puzzled.
"...Yuri? Why are you crying?"

The young man bit back another whimper.

"I'm just- so glad." He cried.
"So glad- you don't... hate me."

"Oh yurachka... I could never hate you." His grandpa sighed, scooping him into a hug.
"As I said, no matter what, I'll always love you. I promise."

- - -

Not long after Otabek arrived to pick him up.

As he got into the car the older man noticed how puffy Yuri's face was.
He didn't say anything just starred out the window.

Otabek shifted his body to face him.
"Alright Yura, what's up?"

"Nothing I'm fine."

" you're lying."

Yuri didn't meet his gaze.
He knew he was an open book. He could never keep a secret, not from him at least.

"Yuri. Look at me."

"No"

"We arnt going home until you look at me and tell me the truth."

Hesitantly Yuri's eyes met with Otabek's.
"It's not that big a deal... I just had a talk with grandpa."

"And what might that have been about?"

"You." He muttered.

Otabek looked a little taken a back. He firmly placed his arms on Yuri's shoulders. " ...You told him about us?
What did he say?"

"Not much."

Otabek glared.
"Yuri.
Don't lie."

"I'm not. He didn't say much, he wouldn't even reply at first. He said he'd love me no matter what but... I feel like he's only saying that because he has to."

"I seriously doubt that-"

"No! You weren't there!
You didn't see the way he looked at me when I told him-" Yuri's eyes began to well up yet again.

Otabek pulled Him into a bear hug. Gently running his fingers through the mans hair in comfort.
"Yura, It's gonna be okay.
I think for now you should trust his word and give him space. Your grandpa loves you more than anything, I doubt this would change it. He's just in shock. He'll come around in time. I promise."

"You dont know that..."
He whispered.

"I know that if he's worth his salt than he'll accept you no matter what."

Yuri snuggled his head into Otabek's shirt, sighing softly "I hope your right..."

- - -

Authors note:
Heyyy I know this chapter is really short. It's mostly just dialogue.
I almost feel like my writing has somehow gotten worse lmao.
Probably because I took such a long break.

Ill admit I'm not entirely in my element right now, things haven't exactly been peachy in my day to day life.
For now I'll suck it up things always get better with time. Though I should probably stop skipping all my classes just because I'm depressed, I'll likely feel better if I do something with my time.
I should be happy, it's almost my birthday but it's not as though I really have anyone to celebrate with.
Everything in my life seems to be crumbling beneath me and I dont know what to do.
Then again this isn't the first time I've felt this way and it won't be the last.

I think what I like most about this site is that I can use it as a knock off therapy, and no one knows who I am.
Which is why I'm saying this in the authors note, because no one reads it Lmao.
If the one or two people who actually read this or anyone wants to talk feel free to dm me. I'm always happy to have a nice conversation. I think a lot of us could use one nowadays.

<3