Running out of time

( before reading this please note this was all written in less than an hour and was all I had time to make, please forgive me for any mistakes and the fact Of how short and fast moving it is but this chapter is extremely important please ignore how terribly written it is.)

Otabek stole a glance towards Yuri, who was on his laptop like he usually is during the weekdays.

"Yuri."
...
No response.
The boy was deeply focused on his screen.

"Yuri."
...
Still nothing.

Otabek not being the type to raise his voice, got up and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hm?"
Yuri replied after a few taps.
But his eyes never broke away from the laptop.

"What do you do all day on that thing that makes you focus so much?"

Yuri paused for a moment then looked up at him almost in disbelief.
"...school? I've been living with you for like half a year how the fuck do you not know this?"

"School? On a laptop? Like... online school?"

"No shit Sherlock, I need to get my education somehow."

Otabek didn't say anything, just starred out the window.
He'd never really thought about it, but Yuri was 16 so of course he was still in school.
Otabek had graduated when he was 17, due to outstanding grades he was able to skip a grade.

*Buzzz Buzzz Buzzz*  his thoughts were interrupted by his phone going off, the sounds being projected due to the hard surface of the coffee table it was placed on.
He took his phone and went out on the balcony to take the call.

---
Yuri heard the balcony door slide open then shut.

"Hey who was- " Yuri looked up from his work.
"B- Beka? Wait What's wrong? "

the look on Otabek's face was purely broken.
An indescribable look of disparity and disbelief.

He paused for a moment before looking Yuri straight in the eye.
A sharp pained look flooded Yuri's face, at just the sight that something could upset Otabek this much.
He looked like he was about to burst into tears.

Otabek took a long, shaky breath, supposedly to compose himself just a bit before speaking.

"I...
I'm going home to Kazakhstan, my flight leaves tomorrow."

---<
{ the phone call}

[менің немересі? are you there?]

"әже?"

[ listen to me, I know this is sudden but, You must come back to Kazakhstan, now. This is not up for debate. I've booked a flight for you, it leaves tomorrow at 11pm.]  her tone was frantic and rushed.

"не?? неге? Grandmother it's so sudden what do you mean??  please explain! I can't just leave!"

[ I promise you I'll explain when you get here.]

"I, I don't know... How long will I be gone? A day? A week?"

[ ...менің немересі.]
[ I'm afraid you will not be coming back to Russia.]

"But әже! Things dont work that way... I have an apartment I need to give a 60 day notice there is so much I-"

[ Dont worry child, all will be taken care of. Now pack your things you dont have much time.]

"I... can't."

[ I told you, there is no debate.]

" forgive me grandmother but...Мен бас тарту (I refuse to)"

There was yelling in Kazakh coming from the line

"... please grandmother..."

There was some commotion going on and when there was talking again the voice belonged no longer to Otabek's grandmother, but now to his close cousin Caberina.
[ listen to me, Grandmother didn't want to tell you this over the phone... but your sister, she's- she's fallen ill again.] 

Otabek's heart stopped.

[ they said this time the cancer has spread to her brain... and her chances of survival are about 5%.]
There were sniffles and muffled cries heard from the line.
[ just- you have to-]

"Grandmother said 11pm? Correct?
...I'll be there." 

[{ line ended.} ]

Authors note
Im so sorry it took so long to update, btw I know the phone call was so fast moving and so was the whole chapter, and I'm really sorry but that's all I have time for.
I'll touch it up later so please ignore that!

Bet y'all weren't expecting this, hThough I have to say even I'm a little choked up about the whole thing.
But the good thing is I've got the entire ending planned and worked out.
And I have to say when I was writing the ruffs I actually started tearing up. ITS SO EMOTIONAL.
But that's all I'll say~ <3

-Coffee&desperation