Chapter 7

Straight Up band members:

Jayla Cowell

Skylar Larson

Ashton Wilkerson

Jude Barlow

Ashton POV

"The surgery went perfectly but we want to keep Ms. Cowell overnight for observation." The doctor tells us.

"Thankyou doctor." Skylar says. After the doctor left Simon rushes in.

"Why am I hearing that my daughter is in the hospital from the news? Why didn't you call me?" He asks. Oh crap I totally forgot to call Simon.

"We forgot...." Jude says.

"You forgot? She's my daughter. How can you forget to call me?" Simon booms we all flinch.

"Can you please be more quiet Ms. Cowell is trying to rest. She just endured a very stressful surgery. She needs her rest." A nurse says before rushing away.

"Surgery?"Simon asks, astounded.

"What happened?"

"We're not sure we heard a crash in the kitchen and she was on the floor, blood coming out of her head. So we rushed her here, and the whole time she was losing consciousness. The doctor told us that she had blood clotting in the brain that if left alone she would die.

Niall POV

"Ahhhh." I jump at Harry's scream. I rush into Harry's room to see that he is standing on his bed looking at something on the wall, a spider. I role my eyes a pick up a shoe from the ground and press the shoe to the spider squashing it.

"Niall your my hero." Harry says jumping off the bed and wrapped his arms around me. I role my eyes and hug him back.

"Niall come here." I hear Liam yell. I pull Harry with me as I go to Liam's room. Liam stood glaring at both of us.

"What?" Harry asks. Liam points down to his foot. On top of his foot was a 30 pound weight.

"Why'd you do that?" I ask.

"You screamed and it scared me so I dropped it onto my foot."

"I didn't scream it was Harry. He saw a spider." I explain.

"Whatever just get this off my foot." Liam says.

"Fine." I sigh. I go over to the weight and try to lift it, but it was no use, it was way to heavy.

"Harry come over here and help Niall" Liam says. Harry grabs the other side and we pull it off together. We drop it away from Liam's foot, which was an alarming shade of red. Liam takes a step foreword but his hurt foot gives out and he stumbles to the floor.

"Oh my gosh, Liam are you all right?" I ask rushing over to Liam. Harry and I both help him stand. We help him stand and go to the living room where Louis and Zayn are watching Friends. Zayn catches sight of us.

"What happened Liam?"

"When Harry screamed Liam dropped his weight on his foot." I say. Louis looks down at Liam's foot.

"We need to take you to the hospital." He points out.

Ugh why does my head hurt so much? I look around, I'm in a plain white room, a hospital room. But why? And the the memories came flooding back. Waking up to the lads looking down at me, rushing to the the hospital, the annoying lady a the front desk and the CATA scan. I vaguely remembered being rushed to another room and being put under the gas which made me fall unconscious. There's a window in the room and I can see as people walked past it, my eyes widen as I see Niall carrying a bouquet of roses I recognized Harry behind him. Niall felt my stare and turned to look at me he glanced away before taking a second glance and stops in his tracks. Harry bumps into him. I can see Harry's questioning look but then he follows Niall's gaze and his eyes widen when he sees me. I slightly blush seeing both of their gazes on me. I quickly look away feeling the pressure of their gazes. Niall tells something to Harry before they both come into my room.

"Jayla what are you doing here?" Niall asks setting the roses down on the nightstand beside me.

"Um I have, had blood clotting to the brain." I say trying to make it sound like it was no big deal.

"Whoa really? Isn't that like really serious?" Harry asks.

"I guess it is." I say not wanting to mention the fact that if not treated right a way I would have died.

"Are you ok now?" Niall asks.

"Yeah I'm good. Just a slight headache." I say.

"Should I call the nurse?" Niall asks.

"No, no it's all right." I say smiling.

"Well these are for you." Niall says gesturing to the vase of flowers.

"Oh really?"And how did you know I was in the hospital?"

"Well we um..." Harry starts I laugh.

"Who are they really for?" I ask.

"Liam, Harry screamed because he saw a spider and Liam dropped his 30 pound weight on his foot." Niall says.

"Ohh that has to hurt. Is he all right?" I ask.

"Yeah, well we don't know yet. After Niall and I managed to get it off his foot was an alarming shade of red and was swollen and he couldn't walk couldn't walk." Harry says.

"So I'm guessing those roses are for him." I say.

"Yeah as sort of an apology. But you can have them. Liam doesn't need any roses." Niall says, I smile.

"That's OK I'm allergic to flowers anyway." I say faking a rather convincing sneeze.

"Oh OK." Harry says quickly pulling away the roses to his chest, and further from me.

"But thanks anyway." I say.

"How bout since you allergic to flowers I take you on a-." Niall began.

"Jayla your awake." Ashton runs over and hugs me, followed by Jude and Skylar." When they pull away I look to Niall and Harry.

....................................

"I present Straight Up."

Love that once hung on the wall
Used to mean something, but now it means nothing
The echoes are gone in the hall
But I still remember, the pain of December

Oh, there isn't one thing left you could say
I'm sorry it's too late

I'm breaking free from these memories
Gotta let it go, just let it go
I've said goodbye
Set it all on fire
Gotta let it go, just let it go

[Chad Kroeger]
You came back to find I was gone
And that place is empty,
Like the hole that was left in me
Like we were nothing at all
It's not what you meant to me
Thought we were meant to be

Oh, there isn't one thing left you could say
I'm sorry it's too late

I'm breaking free from these memories
Gotta let it go, just let it go
I've said goodbye
Set it all on fire
Gotta let it go, just let it go

I let it go and now I know
A brand new life is down this road
And when it's right, you always know
So this time I won't let go

There's only one thing left here to say
Love's never too late

I've broken free from those memories
I've let it go, I've let it go
And two goodbyes led to this new life
Don't let me go, don't let me go

Don't let me go, don't let me go, don't let me go

Won't let you go, don't let me go

Sorry it took so long I've been so busy

5 comments to continue