Chapter 14

Sorry I haven't updated in forever here ya go.

Straight Up band members:

Jayla Cowell

Skylar Larson

Ashton Wilkerson

Jude Barlow

We ended up doing a song called Both of Us by B.O.B ft Taylor Swift I danced in the background while the boys sang, I actually liked dancing if I was telling the truth. Dad made me take dance lessons for eight years until I moved away to live with my mum in the states. When my parents split up I was a little sad but I was expecting it.

I was "created" during a one night stand. How special huh? Not the sarcasm. My mum wasnt going to have me grow up without a dad so she made sure that dad was in my life. She even warned that if he ditched me and her that she was going to blab to the paps and knowing mum she definatlly would. They never got divorced because they were never married. I was the only thing that tied them together.

When my mum died of cancer I moved to the UK to be with my dad. I kept the fact that I was coming a secret until after I auditioned for X-factor. I'm pretty sure I got my singing voice from my dad since my mum couldnt sing to save her life. I've never heard my dad sing in real life but he did perform a cameo on Shrek 2 but I defiantly know that wasn't his real voice that I know for sure.

"Jay jay you ready to rock this house?" Skylar asks shacking his hips winking at me.

I role my eyes and nod. My nerves were already shaken enough that my hands were shaking in my lap. The boys of One direction come into our little corner backstage.

"You look amazing Jayla." Liam says smiling down at me.

THANKS

"Still using that white board I see." Louis says. The boys came over a few days ago and my whole throat thing came out. Niall was extremely worried and fussed non-stop.

"So how are you going to sing without jeopardizing your voice?" Harry asks.

YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT AND FIND OUT

He sighs and sticks his tongue out. "So when is your performance?" Niall asks sitting next to me.

"We're actually on next." Ashton says and just as he does an announcement blares though the speakers backstage.

"Members of Straight Up please take your places you are on in five minutes."