Chapter 15

Straight Up band members:

Jayla Cowell

Skylar Larson

Ashton Wilkerson

Jude Barlow

One more day before I can officially talk FINALLY is all I can say. I feel like a child always writing whatever I have to say on the whiteboard. It seems to annoy the boys a lot but they try to hide it. Their also extremely worried, the surgery might kill my singing voice and change my vocal cords all together.

If we won the X-Factor how would I be able to stay in the band when my voice doesn't sound the same? I wouldn't be able to sing the same again. I might even end up being the reason why we loose X-Factor.

Today dad told the X-Factor contestants what the finale topic was. This season we didn't really have topics to go off of like the other seasons did. Like for example a Beatles week, everyone had to pick a Beatles song and perform it. The only thing I know about the topic is that it's going to be a random topic that X-factor has never done before, I hope the topic is a challenge, I like challenges.

All the finale contestants are in the X-Factor hours waiting for the topic. The judges are in another room trying to figure it out.

"I wonder what's taking them so long." Jude murmurs in my ear. I just shrug too lazy to write my answer on the whiteboard.

"We have finally Come up with a desision." Louis Walsh says coming into the room with dad, Nicole and Tulisa.

"A crappy one at that." Dad murmurs to himself.

"Simon hush up." Nicole says rolling her eyes.

"Do you want to announce the topic?" Tulisa asks Louis.

"I will. The topic for the finale is .... Religious." He says. Wow I was expecting the topic to be a famous artist like Michael Jackson or maybe even Madonna. But religious? What?

"What the hell kind of topic is that?" A contestant blurts.

"Well we haven't used it before and it will be interesting to see what you guys come up with." Tulisa says.

"What do you mean by us coming up the song?" Ashton asks.

"You will be coming up with the song by yourself your mentor is not going to help you, at all." Nicole says.

"Well there goes my hope." Sky says.

"It's not that bad." Louis says.

"Yes it is. None of us." Gestures to our group. "Is religious." Ash says.

'Actually I was in the Mormon church since I was two.' I write this down.

"You were?" Dad asks.

'Yes mums parents were apart of the church and they only let us live in there house if we went to church every Sunday.'

"Harsh." Jude murmurs.

'Not really when you think about it. Free room and board an exchange we go to church.'

"Anyway everyone good with the topic?" Dad asks. No one answers.

"I'll take that as a yes. Well we'll see you on Thursday, you have a few days of practice so please use them." Dad says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------