Chapter 2: Raphael

I bring Raphael his tea,waiting for him to tell me what I have to do today.

It's mostly cleaning. The first floor,second floor,one of the guest rooms. As I said, he's a bit extravagant and weird,he likes everything to be perfect and clean.

- Simon,I'll be going out at 9:00. I'll probably be back at 2 pm. You're allowed to have breakfast now,but when I come back I want you to be done with all the cleaning. 

- Yes,master,thank you.

I left his room,going to the kitchen to have breakfast. I heard him go out after a while. What is a vampire doing outside? Probably hiding under the shadows. I hope he burns. 

Sometimes,when he leaves me alone I just want to run away.. He's not at home and I have a chance. It's dangerous though. But I promise,someday I'll try,I'll get out of here. I want my old life back...

It was 10 am already,so I started cleaning. 

When Raphael came back home,I was just finishing.

- Good job,Simon. - Raphael said,as he was walking towards me. I didn't say anything,just kept cleaning. Suddenly he stood behind me. I felt his hands around my waist. Then he breathed in my smell.. The smell of human blood. He was hungry. Those aren't good news for me...

I just stood frozen.

I couldn't do anything. He bit my neck,his teeth sinking in it,as I felt huge pain. I tried not to make any sound.  After he was done,he wiped his red,bloody lips and said

' You've done a great job today,Simon. You're free now. Dinner is at half past seven.' and walked away like nothing happened. 

I just went to my room without saying anything about this. I was used to it. All he does is use me.. Why is he doing this to me? Why did he choose me?