Chapter 10: Changes

( Simon's POV)

Days went by and it's been a week since Raphael started taking care of me. I never imagined this would happen: the guy who used me for his slave is now being really nice to me and looks after me. I hope it's not one of his plans or games.
I was really scared at the beginning - and I still am,a bit. Every time he comes close to me I panic and I think he's about to bite me. He seems to understand it and he's keeping some distance.
- Simon? - I heard his voice. - Can I come in? - he asked.
He started being quite polite to me. Now, I don't know what is he doing when he is outside and how he treats others. And it's none of my business..
- Yes. - I replied.
- Good morning,sweetcheeks. - he said as he was bringing me breakfast.
- Raphael,I appreciate everything you do but I'm feeling much better and I think it's time you should stop treating me this way.. - I said,feeling a bit scared because I know he doesn't like it when I don't do what he wants..
- Oh.. well..
He sat on my bed.
No,don't do it,please...

- How about if we have breakfast together,in the kitchen? - he smiled slightly.
For fuck's sake, I've become so paranoid.
I nodded and got up from my bed. I wanted to change my clothes so I pulled off my shirt.
Suddenly I felt Raphael behind me,his hands holding my waist.
Is he going to bite me again..? I thought he changed..

- You're beautiful,Simon. I just wanted to let you know it. - he said as he kissed my cheek slightly.  - Sorry if I scared you. - then he smiled. 

- T-thank you.. - I smiled slightly and looked down. - May I change my clothes now,please? 

- Of course, I'm sorry.

Then we went in the kitchen. I just sat down and ate my breakfast. He,obviously,didn't eat anything.
He just watched me.
This is so awkward...
- So,Simon. - he suddenly said.
I looked at him.
- Would you like to go out tonight? I mean,I just thought you may need some fresh air,don't you? All you do is lay in your bed.
I nearly choked.
- A-are you serious? Thank you so much,Raphael..
- Yeah,just be sure to get back home at 8.
- Get back home? I thought we're going out together..
What the fuck am I saying?
- Together? What can I do with you? Haven't I caused you enough trouble?
- Oh,c'mon.. I have no friends anyway. What am I supposed to do alone outside?
He thought about it..
- Well..okay..
- Thank you, Raphael!
I was so excited I actually stood up and hugged him.
I thought he would hug me back but he didn't. It's okay though, I guess he isn't used to these kinds of gestures.
Maybe he isn't that evil.. Maybe he's a vampire with a heart..

While we were waiting for the twilight, I planned everything we're going to do when we go out. I have to show that grumpy vampire some places. 

A few hours later

- Raphael,are we going out already? - I asked for the third time. - For a vampire you're not so fast!
- Gosh,Simon,you're like a little girl. Yes,we're going out.
I put on my shoes on and my jacket,so did he.

  So,where are we going? - he asked.

- To the park! - I nearly shouted in excitement.
He smiled at me. I blushed slightly.
While we were walking to the park we were talking about different stuff. Funny things that have happened to us,embarrassing moments or any stories,really. I actually made him laugh. Once he laughed so hard I could perfectly see his long vampire teeth and he stopped walking so he can calm down!
I've never seen him being happy before. But I really like this version of him.
When we arrived to the park I took him in a place that most visitors don't know. There was a small bench under a tree and you can sit and watch the sky.
- This place is beautiful - he said as he sat down on the bench.
- Yeah, right? - I sat down next to him. And it's important for me.
- Why?
- When Clary or I had problems,we always used to come here and talk about them. We tried to solve them and give each others advices. Sometimes we stayed here way too long and talked about other things too - funny stuff or our dreams. It was fun.
I was smiling while talking about this but then I looked down and went silent.
- Hey - Raphael said. - I know you miss her. I know you're still angry at me for not letting you go,I know you might never forgive me.
He lifted my chin with his finger.
- I might not be a human but I do have feelings. And I have really strong feelings for you. It hurts me to know you're running after someone who is in love with someone else. While I'm here...  And I want to love you. I hope you give me a chance. I will prove you I can be kind and if you let me,I will love you no matter what. 

Then he kissed me gently. I couldn't help but kiss back.

Who knew he could be so kind?  

A/N: I know things happened too fast. But I just thought 9 chapters of drama are enough. It's some fluff time,also this is the longest chapter for now. Enjoy! x