Chapter 21: That's how vampires live

We were just walking home and talking. Suddenly Raphael stopped and nearly fell on the ground.
- Raphael! - I shouted and I held his shoulders. - What's happening?!
- Nothing, Simon. I guess I may have worked out a bit too much. - then he faked a laugh.
I knew it was fake.. But I didn't say anything.
I held his hand all the way until we came back home.
Then he just went into his room. He didn't say anything,didn't come to sleep in my room.. Have I done something?
The next morning I woke up early. I was really worried.. I didn't get lots of sleep. It was like 6-7am.
I got up from my bed and went to his room.
I knocked on the door and came in.
- Good morning,boo.. - I said.
- Good morning, sweetcheeks. Why aren't you sleeping? It's early.
- I came here to check if you're alright.. I'm worried.
- I'm fine Simon,don't worry. Go get more sleep.
- But Raphael..
- I said go get more sleep,Simon.
- F-fine! - I said as I went out his room and closed the door a bit too hard.
Why won't he tell me anything?
I didn't go to sleep again. But later I came back to his room. I had to know what's going on.
- Raphael.. - I said quietly,closing the door carefully behind me.
- Hi,sweetcheeks. Did you sleep? - he said as he was walking towards me. Our faces were centimetres apart.
I nodded slightly. Yes,it was a lie,but I didn't want to make him angry..
- Great. - he whispered,then he kissed me gently. I kissed him back.
I kind of calmed down but I was still worried.

  - Why aren't you going out of your room? Are you upset? Have I done anything wrong? - I looked at him. 

He caressed my cheek.
- No,babe. I'm not upset. You haven't done anything. I'm just really tired. I want to spend time with you when I have energy so we can enjoy our time together. You know that I also don't sleep so.. I really am tired.
- I-I see..- I said. - I'm really sorry for disturbing you then. - I hugged him tight.
- You aren't disturbing me. - he whispered,hugging me back.
- I'll leave you have some rest.
Then I immediately left the room. He may have said something but I didn't hear it.
It's night time already and here I am now, watching TV in the living room,trying to think about something else than Raphael. I just started getting used of the idea of him just having a rest.
Suddenly I heard him scream in pain.
I ran up the stairs immediately. I guess he heard me coming because he shouted " don't come in,Simon!" Well,this is not happening. I entered his room and found him sitting in the corner of the floor,his hands on his stomach,his fangs were visible.
- Raphael,you need blood! - I kneeled on the floor next to him.
- Go away,Simon!
I pulled of my shirt.
- Here, have mine,please..
- There's no way I'm biting you again! I told you to go away! - he pushed me away,trying not to hurt me.
- No. I insist! I told you otherwise I can just run away.
- No. You're not going out of this house and I'm not biting you! - he kept on shouting.

  I got a knife from his knives collection and made a cut on my hand. 

- You have to! - I walked towards him.
He hissed at the smell.
He really gave in and was about to bite me,but then I felt something pull me away. It wasn't a person or some kind of an object.. I think it was magic. The person who did the magic turned me around so I could face him,still holding me in the air. I saw a tall man with eyeliner on,lots of rings, painted nails and strange clothes. Like the clothes Raphael likes to wear.
- Thanks for coming, Magnus. - then I heard Raphael say. - Please, keep an eye on him while I'm out,I have to find blood..
- Be careful and don't hurt innocent people. - the man said.
Raphael nodded and went out of the house.
I looked at the man.
- Put me down! - I shouted.
- Promise me not to run away.
- Fine... I promise.. Just put me down!
He put me down and I ran as fast as I could to open the door and go after Raphael. Unsuccessfully. He did that magic again and closed the door.
- Uh oh,why are you lying to me? I'm not going to hurt you. I'm actually here to take care of you. You kids should have more respect.
- I don't need anybody to take care of me. Who even are you?!
- We haven't been introduced. I'm Magnus.
- What are you to Raphael? A brother or something?
- I'm just a friend. Sometimes I feel him as a son of mine. I'll always be there to help him.
I rolled my eyes.
- A friend, again?! I'm so sick of his " friends". Everyone either wants to hurt me or has a crush on Raphael. Listen, Raphael is mine. And I don't care you are more powerful than me, I'll find a way to go back down and as soon as I step on my feet again, I will -

I got cut off.
- Calm down, kid! I am in a relationship. Not with Raphael.
I went silent for a bit.
- If you're such a close friend of his, why did you let him go out alone? What if he feeds on innocent human beings? - then I asked.
He sighed.
- Look,Raphael really loves you. He stopped feeding on innocent people because of you. He wanted to change,so he did. He doesn't want to hurt you. He noticed he isn't alright so he called me and told me to stay with you while he finds a way to cure his hunger.
- But I'm his boyfriend. He can use my blood,I have no problem with it. Just as long as he's alright..
- I know you love him too. But imagine you're on his place,and he's on yours. Would you bite your boyfriend just to keep yourself safe?
- No..
- Exactly. He wouldn't forgive himself if he hurts you.
He put me down.
- And this.. - he looked at my hand. Then he did a magic to cure my cut. - Don't ever do this again. He will be angry if you do it. Don't play with his hunger.
I nodded.
- Now, that you know I won't hurt you,you won't try to run away,right? - he asked.
- I won't. - I said. - So.. What are we going to do now?
- All we can do is wait for him to come back.  

A/N: Hi cuties! Sorry for not updating from so long but don't say I didn't warn you! Hopefully a new chapter is on the way tomorrow. Oh,and also - thanks for 3k! I never imagined this would happen. Enjoy! xx