Ch. 8

Your Perspective

༄༄༄

"Hold still." My mom grunted, plucking at the wild hairs sticking out from my hair that she attempted to comb. I squirmed, wiggled and shook until she gave up and left it down and curled with a slapped on white headband. I messed it up so much last night when I nearly cried myself to sleep, thinking about everything that has happened between Jace and I, that she had to use the curling iron on me.

I pulled myself from the uncomfortable chair I was sitting in and thanked her, rushing up to my room. I still didn't know what to wear and school was about to be over in about an hour. So, in attempt to find something nice and comfortable, I started tossing things out of my closet and onto my bed.

"Too baggy, too tight, too bright." I plucked a really short dress from my closet and grimaced,"Just..no." I tossed it to the side and picked out a new one. The was a black one, the front had black straps crossing eachother to make a design, and the back was out. It stopped just above my knees so it was appropriate. I didn't take a shower, so that was another thing to add to my to-do list. I started to take off my pants,digging in my pockets and luckily I did because I found two small notes. Hm, twice as many I get every day. I opened the first one and read slowly.

Dearest (Y/n),

Meet me at the park after your school. I'll have the team ready for you.

Sincerely,
Robin

I smiled a little and placed the note on my bed. I then picked up the next one and read.

Dear (Y/n),

I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for I did, I'm sorry for what I will do. None of this is intentional. I've been having mood swings. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been taking medication for all of this, but I don't think any of it is helping. Whatever you do, whether you hate me or not. Forgive me.

None of this is my fault.

I love you,
Jace

I felt a large pang of guilt in my heart. This was written a day before yesterday when I punched him. Who knows what he could be feeling now. Like a wad of crap, I bet. And it's all my fault. I showered silently and let the water pound on my back as punishment. I felt completely horrible for what I had done. I shut off the water and proceeded to get dressed.

What was I going to say to him? Was I even going to see him at all? I thought about the worst possible things that could happen until I heard Bridge's tiny knock on the door.

"(Y/n)! Mommy said you need to hurry up or you'll be late for your inter...intiview?" It was cute how she spoke.

"Okay." I say back, slipping on my dress. I apply a bit of lipgloss and eyeshadow, and trot drown the stairs. My mom stood by the door twirling her keys. When she saw me, she stopped and her face lit up.

"Oh, sweetie you look beautiful!" She cooed, pulling me into a tight hug. I winced and hugged her back,"I can't believe how pretty you've grown up to be! You look absolutely stunning!"

"Okay, mom. This is an interview, not prom." I laughed. She nodded, letting go and collecting Bridge into her arms. We filed into the car and she backed out of the driveway.