Ch. 11

Your Perspective

༄༄༄

"Ooh, I'm telling mama you have a boyfriend!" Bridge squealed, as she noticed Beast boy standing in the doorway. She proceeded to taunt me and sing this dumb song that kindergarteners usually sang,"(Y/n) and Green boy sittin' in a tree! K-i-s-s-i-n-g! First comes love! Then comes marriage! Then comes the baby in the baby carriage!"

"Shush, Bridge!" I scolded,"Sorry about her, Beast boy. This is my little sister." He chuckled.

"Its cool," he waved his hand dismissively, "She's adorable!" He ruffled her hair. She paused for a second to soak in everything that just occurred before screaming her lungs out. She swiped and pulled and dusted off her hair roughly.

"Cooties! Ew, he gave me cooties!" She took off up the stairs and I heard the bathroom door slam. Where was mom in all of this? She had to leave a few minutes early so she wouldn't be late for her job. I sighed, thanking Beast boy and giving him a farewell hug.

"See you whenever," I chuckled and he waved, transforming into a bird and flying off. To be honest, I had more fun than I thought I would have. They were pretty cool, except Raven. She scared the living hell out of me. I knew to be careful around her. To be careful around Beast boy. If I developed feelings for him, it would be all over. She would destroy me. My stomach churned nervously, as Bridge trotted down the stairs again, soaking wet.

"I took a bath," she grinned. I literally facepalmed. While I was talking to Beast boy, she went and took a bath with her clothes on,"I'm pretty sure I'm cootie free." I wasn't even going to try to argue with her about cooties. So, I took her upstairs, stripped her and put her in the tub to let her take a real bath,"But sissy, I just took a bath. "

"You aren't supposed to take a bath with your clothes on," I chuckled, soaping up her towel for her to bathe. Sure, my sis was in kindergarten, but I still needed to keep an eye on her. There's only one rule about Bridge: never forget about her. If you turn your back on her, she'll find a way to do something. I had to make sure she didn't find a way to drown herself in the tub.

  "I didn't know you weren't supposed to. Why do people do that anyway? Bathe with no clothes on?" I shrugged, turning off the running water. She reminds me when I was a kid, asking questions that I knew I was probably never going to understand the answer to.

  "Why is the sky blue?" I asked mommy one day. She grinned at me, spooning me another gulp of applesauce.

   "The people above paint it. They painted everything you see." She whiped the excess applesauce dripping from my lip. I smiled, leaning over.

   "They painted Bun Buns?" I asked, motioning to my favorite stuffed white bunny. It had a small red bow on its neck and always helped me sleep at night.

  "Yes. And they painted the grass, and the trees and even you." I grinned softly. I knew sooner or later I would know the truth, but for right now, this was enough. Besides, I was only five.

  "Mr. Whiskers!" She suddenly hollered, snapping me from my thoughts. Mr. Whiskers? The bunny? The bunny! I forgot about the bunny!

  "Oh shi- I mean sugars!" I immediately pulled her from the tub–she was clean anyway–and wrapped her in her soft, duck patterened towel. I then mustered her in my arms and carried her to where she placed Mr. Whiskers' cage. The den. There he was, softly and happily nibbling on a piece of lettuce beside the fireplace,"See? He's perfectly fine."

  "Thank goodness." She breathed, curling up in my arms. She must be really cold since she just got out of the tub quicker than Flash. But, in the mist of all the worry, both of our stomachs were growling.

   "How about you get dressed in your PJs and I'll order some pizza. Then, we can watch a movie."

  "Ooh, can I choose?" She grinned her famous toothy one. I nodded, setting her down for her to run to her room.

  It turns out, she chose Frozen. Again. I was sick of it, but since my sister is absolutely in love with the Ice girl's singing, I decided to bear through it.

"Let it go!" She sang. I laughed, shaking my head.

"Yeah, let that go." I'm glad I could call myself one of the lucky ones to get a nice baby sister instead of the bratty ones. My sister cared for me, understood me, and someone knew when I wanted to be left alone. And vice versa. She was the sweetest thing you could ever meet,"Bed time." I ruffle her hair. She pauses in mid bite of her crust and frowned.

"Can I stay up just a little while longer?" She pouted. I shook my head and frowned.

"Mom said you had to be in bed by eight, and its five minutes till. You have to go to bed, ok? But I'll make you pancakes tomorrow morning." She jumped up, and grabbed my arm, pulling me to her room. She tucked herself in and got comfortable, before pointing to her book shelf.

"Can you read me a bedtime story? I can't go to sleep without one..." she smiled sheepishly. I knew she could. So, I sat on her bed.

  "I have a story of my own.." I pull the covers upon her and begin my tale,"Once apon a time, there was a princess and her beautiful baby sister..."

+•+

OHMERGURD! Im so sorryyyy! I missed you guys!!!! :< i had testing and projects. Buuut I GOT  LIKE HALF THE WEEKEND FREEEEEEE! Isnt that exciting? Hope you liked this part lol

   Just like fire,
          Brace