Ch. 10

Your Perspective

   ༄༄༄

  "And this is my room!" He grinned, pulling me inside. I could tell he quickly cleaned it, because I saw a couple shirts under the bed, and the tv had things crammed behind it, but I was grateful anyway because he didn't leave it like he had it.

  "I like it." I say simply, brushing my hand against the nature styled wallpaper. My assumptions were right when I said he was a vegetarian. He did hate meat, only because he was a hero that could change into the animals the others survive on. He grinned,"So I ticket you and Raven are a thing?" I was stupid to ask that. My nose shouldn't be poked up in his business. That was an idiotic question. He pushed on the bridge of his nose like he had glasses and his cheeks turned red.

"Not exactly. I mean, she's hit on me a couple times, but mostly when I go for her, I just get a negative response. I gave up after a while, you know?" He scratched the back of his neck.

"Awh, that's so sad." I cooed,"It's okay though, you'll find the perfect girl someday." I grinned, punching his shoulder softly. He laughed.

"Yeah, someday." I was going to go for the ruffle of the hair, but I was too short to reach. This guy was just too tall to reach. Yet, he only came up to Cyborg's shoulders. Imagine how I look next to him,"Well, it's uh...getting dark." He took a glance outside the large window in his room,"You should get home, unless," he added quickly,"You wanted to stay for dinner?" I laughed.

"I guess I could ask my mom if she answers." I grin. I quickly pull out my phone and scroll down to her contact. She picks up on the first ring,"Mom?"

"Hi, sweetie. How'd it go?" I heard a sizzle on the orher side. She was evidently cooking for Bridge. My smile suddenly widened.

"It went great, thanks mom." She laughed on the other end,"I was just wondering if I could stay for dinner over here? I think he starting to befriend me."

"Oh, I wish I could let you, but I have to work a later shift in a few hours and I need you home to take care of Bridge."

  "Aww." I pouted,"Can't you leave her at grandma's?" I quizzed. I looked back at Beast boy who was staring intently at me. From the expression on my face, he could tell I was disappointed. She made a disagreeing noise.

  "You know she doesn't like spending long periods of time at your grandma's house. For some reason, I don't blame her,"I smiled a little,"I'm sorry sweetheart you have to come home."

  "Okay, I'll be there in a few." I made a kissy noise in the phone and hung up. I shoved my phone in my pocket and pouted,"Bad news."

   "I know, I know." He grinned,"It's okay though. Do you even have a way home?"

  "Not exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's not a far walk, right?" I rub the back of my neck. He shook his head with a laugh. Whats so funny?

  "We're surrounded by water, (Y/n). I'm pretty sure that it's deep, too. No way you can swim." I made an 'oh' with my lips and chuckled at my stupidity.

  "Well, how am I going to get home then?" I laughed. He grabbed my hand and led me out back into the living room. The four others were lounging on the couch. They turned around to greet us.

  "Oh hey, (Y/n), Beast boy. We thought you guys left somewhere." Robin smiled.

  "Or maybe they were back there getting it on." Cyborg countered with a sly smile,"That's my dog!"

  "Shut up." Beast boy blushed. My face turned scarlet as well. Just to prove a point, we jumped away from eachother,"We weren't doing anything."

  "Mhm." Cyborg replied, waggling his eyebrows at me,"Let me find out." I glared at him.

   "What is the meaning of this 'getting it on'?" Starfire questioned Robin. His face flushed.

  "Something you should never do, ok?" He said quickly. She nodded her head and turned back to the show they were currently watching.

   "I'll have to take (Y/n) home. She's gotta go." Beast boy informed,"I'll stop and get us some half vegan half meaty pizza."

  "Greeeeat." Raven rolled her eyes. She turned her head to me and gave me that little smirk of hers,"Bye (Y/n)."

"Bye." I say, avoiding eye contact. Beast boy and I stepped into the elevator, and all was silent until I blurted out,"She's creepy."

  "Who? Raven?" He quizzed, leaning on the railing. I stared up at the dropping numbers on the little screen above the doors.

  "Yeah. It's like she's...well..it's like she gets angry when I'm around you. I mean, I just met you and it's like she's trying to keep me apart from you because she thinks I like you." He looked around at the miscellaneous papers stapled or pinned on the elevator walls,"I mean, not that I don't. I do like you! I mean, not like that but...as a friend! Not as a friend! I mean, I like you as a friend but I don't want to put you in the friendzone so I like you as more than a friend but a friend at the same time?" He chuckled softly and shook his head.

"I know what you mean. I like you too." Then, it was back to the silence. It was eating us alive pretty much. The tension and the awkwardness. I swear I heard a breath of relief when the elevator pinged and the doors rolled open. It was true, the elevator was the most awkward place on the planet. We stepped out onto this beach where we were before we went inside the tower. I stared back at the water glistening from the setting sun and scoffed.

"Psh, I can totally swim in that." I crossed my arms.

  "Oh yeah?" He grinned,"Go ahead then." I closed my eyes and put on my brave face.

  "Fine." I slipped my black sandles off and stepped into the shallow end of the water, letting out a tiny squeak and jumping back,"It's cold!"

  "Imagine if your whole body was in there." He grinned. And right before my eyes, he transformed into a pterodactyl,"Hop on." In my head, my brain was practially screaming,"Don't get on!" But right now, I was ignoring. I snatched my sandles up from the sand and climbed ontop of him.

"Onwards!" Was the last thing I shouted before he lifted in the air leaving me in a fit of joyous screams.

+•+

Phew, I was starting to run out of ideas ^v^. Annnyywho, you might not get an update till late Sunday after noon or Saturday afternoon or idk when, because at this point I'm about to rip my hair out of my scalp lel. I have 3 projects all due on the SAME day. Yeah, im freaking out. I havent even started T^T. Thats enuff about my stressful life lol hope you enjoyed and ill seeya round like a donut!

   I want a donut now,
            Brace