Ch. 22

Yeah im gunna keep it in your Perspective from now on. ;-; its kinda hard on my brain to keep up with everything. I might switch to raven once in a while.

Buuut updates are slow once again cuz im working on two more books. One that you already know about (Frisk x Sans) and the other is a surprise :) so lets grab our TT plushies and get startedddd

+•+

  Two weeks later and out of the hospital, I finally went back to my house to greet my mother and sister. Robin decided to tag along and make sure I was okay, since Beast Boy was needed in battle against Brother Blood. He opened the door for me, just as Bridge crashed into my legs.

"Sissy's home! Sissy's home!" She cried,"I wish Mr. Whiskers was still here so you could see him. I had to take him back to school for someone else," she admitted sadly.

"It's okay, Bri. When you grow up you'll get to buy your own pet. Just for you." I grinned at her. She squealed and laughed, charging up to her room to most likely destroy it. It felt nice to have my voice back. I missed it more than anything. Robin smiled at me, and sat me down on the couch. I wanted him to know that just because I was handicapped before, doesn't mean I'm handicapped now.

"You need some water or some tea or something?" He asked. I shook my head and pat his arm.

  "Im okay Robin, really. " He nodded and sat down next to me, awaiting to serve me again.

"Oh, my baby girl is all better, that's wonderful!" My mom startled me, hugging me from behind,"And just in time  for the masquerade party! It's in a week, you know." I had forgotten all about it again until now. It was in a week and I still hadn't thought about where Beast Boy and I would go instead of the party. I still needed to tell my mom that I didn't want to go, but I don't know how without breaking her heart. I may have also forgotten to tell Robin and the other Titans about it.

So uh.. yeah.

  "There's a party? Why haven't I been told?" Robin quizzed. I shook my head and looked down.

"It's nothing."I muttered,"I-it's a part every Winter at the highschool and this Winter's theme is Masquerade but.." my voice trailed.

"But what? You don't want to go?" My mom's quirky smile immediately dropped. I quickly shook my head skittishly.

  "No no no no no! It's not that it's just–" I began, before being fortunately interrupted by Beast Boy. Saved by the Beast.

  "What up, people!" He bursted through the door, smiling from ear to ear. I was actually quite surprised they were able to defeat Brother Blood without Robin's leadership. I immediately rushed over and jumped on him for a hug.

"Well, at least someone missed me," he grinned, throwing his arms tightly around my waist.

  "Yeah," I smiled, letting him go. I turned back to my mother, whose cheeks were as flushed as ever. I smiled sheepishly to her, as Beast Boy snaked his arm around my waist. Robin stood around as the third wheel.

"So you two.." she pointed with her middle and index fingers,"Are a thing? A thing thing?" I nodded. BB squeezed me tighter with a large smile, "But what about.." she paused. Who? "You know what? Nevermind. I'm so happy for you baby girl," she grinned, kissing my forehead.

"Hm, thanks mom," I smiled.

"By the way, you don't have to get a job. For your welcome home present, I got your car back!" She grinned. I eagerly jumped at her and hugged her with all my might.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much, mommy!" I cried.

  "It's in the garage. You can get it later on." She smiled. Suddenly, Bridge rushed down with something in her hands.

"Mommy! Sissy! Look what I found!" She opened her cupped hands to reveal a small, alive, white mouse. My mom instantly screamed, and I jumped into Beast Boy's arms,"I found him on my windowsill! Isn't he precious?" She cooed, brushing his fur back with her tiny finger.

"Bridget.. baby girl.." My mom breathed, sitting up against the counter top,"Why dont you set the little mouse free and we'll.. go to the pet shop and buy you a real one? Hm?" She quivered in fear.

"But he is a real one!" Bridge brought the mouse closer, causing my mom to topple over and fall off the other side of the island.

"Get that thing out of here!" She screeched, pointing to Robin,"Get it out, please!" Robin immediately picked up Bridge by her under arms and carried her out of the house,"My God, one normal child is all I ask for," she breathed. I shook my head and laughed, while Beast Boy let me down.

  Me and my friends at the table
Doin' shots, drinking fast
Then we talk slow.
Come over and start up a conversation with just me
And trust me I'll give it a chance now
Take my hand, stop
Play the man on the jukebox
And then we start to dance..

I take out my phone and press the green button. Who could be calling me? I looked around at everyone, they're all starimg back at me with curious faces. I put the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

"(Y-Y/n) oh dear, thank g-goodness you answered.." Jace's mother sobbed over the phone. What? Why was she crying?

"Mrs. Hollens?" I question,"W-what's going on?" I ask. She couldn't speak over how much she was stuttering and bawling.

"What does Mrs. Hollens want?" My mom asked. I shrugged at her with a worried look.

"I-it's Jace. He came home and he was sad and I tried to cheer him up with dino cookies and sweet treats but he told me to leave him alone and then I went to work and I came back and–"

"Whoa. Slow down, tell me exactly what happened.." I say.

"J-Jace shot himself," I froze, my phone crashing to the floor.