Ch. 20

Your Perspective

༄༄༄

My head throbbed when I woke up this morning. Like my my heart had maneuvered it's way to my brain and started to beat there. The nurse had already brought in my tray of breakfast; which consisted of watery looking eggs, slimy sausage and a slice of toast. The only thing I had was the yummy orange juice on the side.

"You sure you don't need any aspirin or ibuprofen? I've got some in my purse–" My mom quickly pulled out her bag and began to rummage through it. Bridge put her hand on her shoulder.

"Mummy, (Y/n) is fine. She isn't dying." She pat her shoulder and was about to wiggle herself back on my hospital bed. Sometimes I love her so much.

"Oh.." She breathed, "A–alright. I have to get Bridge to school. And I need to go to work." She stood up, kissed my forehead and grabbed Bridge's wrist,"I'll come back later."

I nodded, and waved goodbye to Bri. She quickly gave me a hug and skipped out of the hospital room, just as Beast Boy trotted in as a Pointer; good thing I learned my dog breeds. He hopped on my bed a sniffed me, "You look better. Your scratches are fading." I got out my board.

Thanks <3, I put. He grinned and turned human, kissing my cheek in the process, just as the others walked in. I pushed him away slightly and smiled sheepishly.

  "Were we interrupting the moment?" Starfire questioned, her cheeks dusting a light red. She was smiling as hard as Cyborg was laughing.

  "I knew you guys had somethin'! I knew it!" He cackled. He hugged BB sideways and ruffled his messy, green hair,"Get em, dog!"

  "Chill, chill." Beast Boy laughed. Their bromance always made my heart warm, even if they did fight often. It was nice to see how well they got along.

  "Well this is all fine and dandy, but we still have to tell her, guys." Robin walked in. He looked tired, like he hadn't slept in ages. But it's only been a night. His hair was messier than usual, not straight and spikey like he always had it. His mouth looked as if it had been permanently twisted into a frown. He looked sad. Distraught about something,"(Y/n), she's still after you."

  Who? I wrote.

  "Raven. Raven wants you.. dead. Her father too. And all her little demon friends. Their all coming for you, (Y/n)." Cyborg's face saddened. It hurt. Now might've not been the very best time to think about how much school I've missed,"Which is why we're sticking with you at all times. Except for school. She wont dare take a step in a sweaty building full of hormonal teens." I snorted softly at that.

  Don't need protection. Got my own back. I scribbled childish-like. I didn't want to push them away, but like I said, I dont like attention.

  "Dont be like this, (Y/n). We know what is best for you." Starfire frowned. I huffed and crossed my arms, turning away from them. Beast Boy cupped my chin and smiled.

  "Cmon, (N/n). Let them help you. Let us help you get better. " He brushed his nose against mine, and my heart instantly melted like sweet chocolate. I quickly erased my board and wrote something,"Don't call me that.. bad nickname," he read,"Why? What's wrong with it?"

  Ex. I drew out sadly, underlining it twice. His face dropped.

"Uh," Robin cleared his throat,"Seems like you have this under control, BB. Let's go gang." They filed out of the hospital room, Cyborg giving me one last look, and shutting the door leaving me with BB again.

"Im sorry, (Y/n) I... I didn't know. " he muttered, kissing me softly.

It's fine. I scribbled. Week two, and it's like I'm back to square one. I felt like shit on the outside. But I felt like yelling at him on the inside.

"I really am." He sat me up, got behind me and layed me against his chest. It was much more comfortable than the bed.

"S–" I uttered,"Suh.." I was trying. I really was. But this gash and wrap on my neck was making me feel like my throat was on fire.

"Don't try to talk yet. We can try next week." He kissed my hair. My hand twitched. I slowly grabbed his hand and squeezed.

"S–suh..ffft..suhft.." I clutched my throat and coughed. Loud. And hard. He pat my back.

"Its ok..did you say soap?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I shook my head and slapped his hand.

"Suh..ft..B...Bee..Beas..Buh.." I coughed again and gave up, resting my head and the back of my neck against his chest,slowly dozing off.

"I know what you were saying," He chuckled,"I'm soft."

"Suh.." I whispered hoarsly.

"Yeah.. suh."

+•+

Awwwwww

YEEEEEAAAH IM OUT OF SCHOOL! UPDATES ALL WEEKEND BABY! And summertime begins :D hope you guys enjoyed your school year (I know you totally didnt) and this is another chappy :) enjoy and another shall be on the way soon! :D

Deuces,
Brace

P.S. Dying For You (Frisk x Sans) Coming soon!