The Beginning

Henry's POV:

Cassi was on the phone with Phoebe for a long time. I didn't know what they were talking about. I didn't know if anything was wrong. I knew absolutely nothing.

I waited for Cassi to hang up so I could ask her. After a while she did. I walked up to her. "What was that about?" I asked.

"It's not a big deal," she replied. The look on her face didn't give me any clues either. She didn't look scared, but she didn't look happy either.

  The rest of the day I didn't mention it and neither did she. We sat and talked at the house like normal. It didn't seem to be bothering her so I eventually figured it was nothing.

  When night came, though, she didn't act like herself. She seemed scared now like something was gonna grab her at any moment. I had to bring it up. "You ok Cassi?" I asked looking her in the eyes.

  "Yeah," she replied, "Why wouldn't I be?" She looked me back in the eyes.

  The look in her eyes held fear. She wouldn't reveal it to me verbally  though. I knew she never would or at least it would not happen soon.

  "You don't seem like yourself. You seem scared," I told her. I would get her to tell me. I didn't care if I had to pry it out of her. I had to at least try though.

  "I'm fine Henry. I promise," she stated. "I'll see you tomorrow." With that she walked up the stairs. I sat down on the couch and thought. I wanted to help her. I couldn't help her yet though because I didn'tS know how. I didn't know what was wrong or how I could help.

Soon I went upstairs too. Cassi was asleep in her room. I went to my room and changed. I then climbed under the covers.

Half the night I did lay awake. I couldn't stop thinking about Cassi. I didn't want anything to happen to her. I also didn't want to invade her privacy by forcing her to tell me. What would I do?

Two hours later, I was out like a light. It was pretty late. I couldn't stay up any longer, but I was happy about that. Now I wouldn't fall asleep in school and then get in trouble.

~ ~~~*~~~~

The next morning crept upon me quickly. It felt like I just had fallen asleep then got right back up, but that wasn't true. I knew that I had slept for a minimum of three hours. Maybe I had slept more.

I got out of bed. When my feet hit the cold floor it creaked. The sound echoed around the whole room. It was really loud. I walked across the room and opened my bed room door. I walked out and then downstairs.

I got breakfast first. I made my self some microwaveable pancakes. Three to be exact. I also had a glass of chocolate milk.

After eating, I went back to my room. I grabbed some clothes. I didn't know what clothes they were, but I didn't care.

I pulled my clothes on, one piece at a time. Soon I had all my clothes on, including my shoes. I walked back downstairs and sat on the couch waiting for Cassi to come down.

After a few minutes of waiting, Cassi came downstairs. She was ready. She had her backpack on her shoulder. She was wearing a short sleeve shirt that was a light pink and some jean shorts.

  "You ready Cass?" I asked. She nodded. I grabbed her hand and we walked out of the house.

  School was long and boring. Math was even more boring today than any other day. All I would do was stare at the clock in every class. Well that and think about Cassi.

                      ~~~~*~~~~

  After school was finally over I found Cassi waiting for me outside her last class. "Ready to go to Junk'N Stuff?" She asked me.

"Yep," I replied. As soon as we were out of earshot from everyone I turned back to Cassi. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" I asked her.

At this point she decided to give in. She knew what I was talking about. I felt like whatever was happening had something to do with her family.

Her family were superheroes. Each member had a power. Cassi, Max, and Phoebe had telekinesis as well as heat breath and freeze breath. Billy had super speed. Nora had laser eyes, Chloe could teleport, her dad could fly, and last but not least, her mom had electric powers.

Later on Cassi had gotten hyper motility. I did too. That was when we fought Drex.

"Listen Henry, you can't tell anyone, got it?" She asked. I nodded. "Dark Mayhem escaped from jail."

"Who's that?" I asked perplexed.

"He's my family's enemy. He's a really powerful super villain that has always hated my family. He still does to this day. I don't why. The hatred dates back a long time ago. It started with our ancestors," she replied.

I understood. I didn't want her getting hurt. I finally said, "I'll keep you safe. I don't want anything happening to you. I care about you and love you. I promise that you'll be fine." She didn't say anything. She just smiled.

"Thanks Henry. You're amazing," she told me. I pulled her into a hug. If I couldn't keep her safe all the time I would at least try to at the times I could. I would try my hardest.