Cassi's Competitor

Cassi's POV:

  "Henry!" I screamed. It was only a little bit till school started and I didn't want to be late. I never had been late and sure didn't plan on starting to now. "I don't want to be late!" I added.

  I plopped down on to the couch upset at the hold back. What was taking him so long? Boys usually don't take that long to get ready. Usually, Henry took live five minutes. It had been a half an hour since he went into the bathroom.

  "I'm coming!" I heard him yell. Next thing I knew, he came running down the stairs at full speed. Thankfully no one was on the steps that he could knock over.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my book bag over my shoulder. He grabbed his and walked over to me. "You're not gonna be late," he immediately said.

"Wait, how did you know what I was thinking?" I asked him.

"Cause I know you," he stated smiling.

As soon as we got to school I noticed a girl close to my locker. She had long, red hair that went down to her mid-back.

I walked up to my locker with Henry following behind. I just got into my locker and got out my books that I needed. Next thing I knew, the girl turned to us.

"Hello," she said super peppy. "I'm Juliana Baker. I just transferred here from Venus High School. "

"Venus High School? I've never heard of that," I stated. Was I smiling? Was I being pleasant? I hope so.

"It's a private school for girls," she replied. "I was top of my class at my old school. Who's the top here?"

I shut my locker and turned to Henry. Then, I turned back to Juliana, "I'm top of the class actually." I looked down at my feet.

"Oh that's fun. What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm Cassidy Thunderman. Call me Cassi, though. I like it better than my full name," I replied. "And this is-"

"Let me guess; you're her twin brother. He's actually pretty attractive," she said.

"No," Henry replied smiling. "I'm dating her."

I found out later that she was competing with me. She wasn't trying to get Henry. She was trying to take my title as the classes' valid victorian. She was trying to take the top spot off of me.